Digital

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
shinigami
Neophyte

Digital

Post#1 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:41 am

Hi guys
how do you perform nap with a digital copy...
I mean he says to flash light on the book but what if we have a digital copy...Pdf
how do you guys set up the ritual with laptop....?

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Digital

Post#2 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:09 am

Easy! Print out the Nap ritual and write out the spells. There isn't really much to NAP
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
shinigami
Neophyte

Post#3 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:40 am

I dont have printer..........

lefty
Practicus

Post#4 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:09 am

At the risk of sounding obvious, but really just amplifying Vovin's post, maybe just write out the specific incantations or what ever you're doing with a pencil and paper. They all seem for the most part to be short enough so that writing them out is not that tough. Maybe not everything in the book (I've only read in the the middle of the Magic Mentor material), but everything I've encountered so far is fair game for the penmanship. I have 2 pages, and I think it would be 3 pages written that I work off of-- and I have a good bit of those memorized at this point. I do think writing stuff out by hand helps with the memorization of it, and so I've always hand written anything I had to get memorized. It is funny this comes up today, because for the bits that I've not memorized yet I was going to sit down and write them out over and over to help put them in memory.

Topic author
shinigami
Neophyte

Post#5 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:36 am

Well why pencil...?...Why not pen..?
Btw there is only one problem in writing....If someone finds our written material...It just doesnt feel good.....
We have to preserve them...And destroying/erasing them is obviously not a good idea

lefty
Practicus

Post#6 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:47 pm

You know, I thought about the fact that I wrote pencil, and I decided to stick with it and hoped no one would ask. :oops:

If I messed it up I wouldn't want to look at a bunch of crossed-out stuff, so I figured pencil would allow erasing. Seriously, no other reason then the potential for operator error on my part. When I used to have to make big diagrams by hand for school, I'm not joking when I say I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler-- the pencil would come off line and make like an arc--, I would do everything in the lightest (hardest) pencil I could while still seeing it, and once it was right then go over it all with ink. I'd still screw it up.

lefty
Practicus

Post#7 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Oh, and as for people finding it, yeah that can be weird but I don't have a solution for that.

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#8 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Write all of your books of magick using OTP encryption and a memorized key sheet... the only way to be sure. Of course, at that point you may as well just memorize the book as it will be of equal difficulty. :whistle

Best bet is to just keep the writings physically secure and if they are 'found out', just use a well placed white lie to disguise your intent with the information if you are all that worried about it. Something like "research for a book I'm thinking of writing" or, "I found that on the subway and am trying to figure out what the hell it is'. ;)
Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.

lefty
Practicus

Post#9 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:43 pm

philodox wrote: "I found that on the subway and am trying to figure out what the hell it is'. ;)

I feel like that has been said about me far to many times in my life.

Maybe I should've gone with the much simpler "That's what she said" line.)

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#10 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:32 pm

lefty wrote:I feel like that has been said about me far to many times in my life.

Maybe I should've gone with the much simpler "That's what she said" line.)

:rofl
Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.