First NAP Ritual Backfires

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Trucomallica
Neophyte

First NAP Ritual Backfires

Post#1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

Hello all, I'm new here. I would like to ask for help regarding my situation. I've just read the book and did the NAP ritual followed by the Chant to bring health, to get rid of an elbow pain that I got doing physical excersise, doing the Qabalistic Cross before and after. I'm no expert in magic, but I've had my experiences with sigils. Well, the thing is that I performed the ritual before bed (two nights ago) and that night I could barely sleep, I felt very alert and awake, and then came by a stomach (or bowel) ache that just didn't leave until next morning. In the little sleep that I got I dreamt that I performed the ritual again and I was with somebody else (a blonde girl, that's all I rembember). I over slept, and woke up with a very heavy attack of gout in my hands and feet, wich I did used to get often, but kinda disappeared when I stopped eating sugar (sucrose and fructose) last november. The sunday before that I had a beer (just one!! xD), but I've had beers before and those didn't affect me so quickly. Last night I performed the ritual again, and I can say that I felt more relaxed and more connected to it, but I just woke up now, and the gout attack intensified, and now I can barely walk, actually I'm not going to work today.
I plan to keep doing the ritual to see what happens, for the sake of the experience :P

I would like to read some comments and sugestions. Thanks a lot ;)

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: First NAP Ritual Backfires

Post#2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:39 am

Trucomallica wrote:Hello all, I'm new here. I would like to ask for help regarding my situation. I've just read the book and did the NAP ritual followed by the Chant to bring health, to get rid of an elbow pain that I got doing physical excersise, doing the Qabalistic Cross before and after. I'm no expert in magic, but I've had my experiences with sigils. Well, the thing is that I performed the ritual before bed (two nights ago) and that night I could barely sleep, I felt very alert and awake, and then came by a stomach (or bowel) ache that just didn't leave until next morning. In the little sleep that I got I dreamt that I performed the ritual again and I was with somebody else (a blonde girl, that's all I rembember). I over slept, and woke up with a very heavy attack of gout in my hands and feet, wich I did used to get often, but kinda disappeared when I stopped eating sugar (sucrose and fructose) last november. The sunday before that I had a beer (just one!! xD), but I've had beers before and those didn't affect me so quickly. Last night I performed the ritual again, and I can say that I felt more relaxed and more connected to it, but I just woke up now, and the gout attack intensified, and now I can barely walk, actually I'm not going to work today.
I plan to keep doing the ritual to see what happens, for the sake of the experience :P

I would like to read some comments and sugestions. Thanks a lot ;)

I would stop doing that particular ritual and see if your condition improves.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
Trucomallica
Neophyte

Post#3 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks for the advise. I didn't do (that's the right way to say it?) the ritual last night, and I'm getting better, probably because of all the ibuprofen I've taken haha. I'm doing the ritual again today, to see if anything changes, in my benefit or against me.

lefty
Practicus

Post#4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 am

Trucomallica wrote:Thanks for the advise. I didn't do (that's the right way to say it?) the ritual last night

Yeah, that's the right way to say it. Now that you mention it, it is a kinda weird grammatical thing. "I did the ritual", or "I didn't do the ritual"-- not "I didn't the ritual" or "I did not the ritual."

Also, I hope you feel better.

Topic author
Trucomallica
Neophyte

Post#5 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:07 am

Haha thanks, english it's not my natural language so I always get those little and basic doubts xD. The pain has diminished like a 90% since tuesday, so I guess I'm doing ok ;)

O Delano
Zelator

Post#6 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 pm

I kind of feel your pain. I don't post to the NAP forum much anymore because I don't work with NAP anymore.

Trucomallica, I've had two NAP spells backfire on me in a similarly severe way as yours did with you. I did the healing spell when I felt a cold coming on. The next day it exploded into full-on tonsilitis, which at 29 years of age, I never had before in my entire life. It was really bad. I could barely swallow, and when I did it was like swallowing broken glass. White patches on my tonsils and everything.

Over the following 5 months, I got tonsilitis again multiple times, along with other bad illnesses. I've never been that sick my entire life.

I also had a similar backfire with another spell. I did the success spell with Elubatel, simply asking for a minor string of good luck. I proceeded to have the most hellish, emotionally rock-bottom 3 days I'd had in quite some time. After that, I had a continual minor string of bad luck that didn't disperse until I took the NAP banishing spell and modified it into what I call a "Greater License To Depart".

Pax
Philosophus

Post#7 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:02 pm

I too have had NAP spells backfire and it seems to me that it isn't so rare. What do you guys think causes it? Could it be related to the phases of the moon? :thinking
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:26 am

Perhaps the attack of gout and stomach pain was a way of showing you that you might think you hurt your arm in sport (and obviously did) but your suspect diet and alcohol consumption and circulation problems are pro-inflammatory. In other words, it is possible you asked for help with the elbow and what you were shown was the under lying cause...or at least a problem that will effect your ability to heal, something that only you can fix through diet and exercise.

Angels teach and then show when you ask them too. Sometimes what they have to teach and show is not pleasant but always for the best. Something to think about. I don't mean to belittle what happened to you.

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#9 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:37 am

I've never had a NAP working backfire on me. But I have had what we might call "rough progress" in the sense that it got worse before it got better. For example, I did the working for "Secret Knowledge" once and discovered some things I would have been better off not knowing--things that didn't help me and only made me see certain people I know in new and very unflattering ways. Anyway, it may very well be that the spirits associated with each working have the right to decide how they will complete the work. This is the scary reality behind NAP. You can command them with the words of power, but it's not like an evocation where you can torment the spirit for being impudent (which I have seldom done anyway). I suppose you could evoke the spirits associated with the NAP workings and then torment them, but that wouldn't be NAP. It would be evocation.
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:06 am

Silenciumetaurum wrote: I suppose you could evoke the spirits associated with the NAP workings and then torment them, but that wouldn't be NAP. It would be evocation.

True...though considering about 3/4 of them are angels would that be just asking to be slapped by the hand of Gawd? :D

Like you said...sometimes things get worse before they get better and angels are often about the big picture. So in the case above...you ask for relief of elbow pain and the angels (from the Testament of Solomon in this case I think) go "sure...but if you want to be serious then deal with the issues related to your gout which is screwing things up in terms of inflammation and circulation. And in case you don't come to that conclusion yourself..and you have asked us after all...here's a whack of acute gout pain to indicate precisely where and how this can be fixed".

I'm just speculating so no offence intended to the original poster. :)

I've had things happen like this with an angel that I was evoking very recently