New Avatar Power Rituals!

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
nectanebus3

New Avatar Power Rituals!

Post#1 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:44 pm

As I promised this group, I have researched the Genii listed in 777 and other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley and checked with the Dictionary of Angels to create new Avatar Power Rituals for other purposes. Here are some of them:

Phaldor- oracles (help make your favorite oracle more accurate in readings)
Zeffar- irrevocable choice (force someone to make a decision in your favor)
Sialul - prosperity
Zierna- infirmities
Aclahayre- gambling (cause the roulette wheel to come up with your number)
Pharzuph- fornication (who's the girl/guy you really want, but not for marriage)
Eistibus- divination
Cahor- deception (get back at your enemies that played a trick on you!)
Nitibus - stars (helps you to understand the stars better possibly for some great magic)
Mizkun- amulets (find out a new amulet design to protect you)
Heiglot- snowstorms (forget letting it snow, let's get this spirit to make all the snow go elsewhere)

I have given some ideas about what to do with them.

Not all spirits were found in the Dictionary of Angels. To create a new ritual, use the Invocation for Money in Cobb's book. Make the following changes:

Call Names of Power as in book..."I place this Invocation with Thee, Phaldor, Genius of Oracles. Know that I want to know the future of my career at my place of work (Be as specific about your situation). Thou hast dominion over oracles and Thou shalt govern my oracle of the tarot to give me accurate results about my future, the powers of these Words and Invocation."...say the last paragraph with the names of power just as it is in the book.

I will recheck the names to make sure they are spelled right. Have fun with this. Be sure to let the group know about your interesting results.

D:. I:. 2:.

SoulFire
Neophyte

Re: New Avatar Power Rituals!

Post#2 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post this!
B*B,
SoulFire

Sectator Veritas
Zelator

Post#3 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:20 am

Any suggestions on how to create a sigil for one of these entities when normally there isn't one?

Topic author
Vrischika

Post#4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 am

Sectator Veritas wrote:Any suggestions on how to create a sigil for one of these entities when normally there isn't one?

Lots of people use The Rose Cross which is fine and you can always scry for a more personal sigil.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:44 am

Who here played with these new spirits/spells yet?

Nectanebus3, did you yourself work with them? Could you expand on Cahor and Zeffar a bit?

Some year ago I made a "NAP inspired" spell using a Goetia spirit instead, thinking it would be even more powerful. Did the spell several times for myself without any effect, then did it for a friend instead who said he noticed some effects and he got the result some month later (slow, but at least something). I'd say the idea to change to a Goetia wasn't so great after all. Well, great idea, but poor performance. :)
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Topic author
LUCKY8HORSES

Post#6 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:41 am

did anyone ever encountered bad spirit/energy while doing this process? :idea:

Sectator Veritas
Zelator

Post#7 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Vrischika wrote:
Sectator Veritas wrote:Any suggestions on how to create a sigil for one of these entities when normally there isn't one?

Lots of people use The Rose Cross which is fine and you can always scry for a more personal sigil.

What to do if the say the 2nd letter is in the same petal as the last letter?

Topic author
Martialis

Post#8 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:19 am

I don't think it should be a problem unless the 2nd to last letter and the letter are the same character then I'd use the correct marking (either the hump or the loop, I forget which as I haven't used the Rose in a long while) followed by the usual termination point.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 pm

".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Topic author
Vrischika

Post#10 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:37 am

Sectator Veritas wrote:
Vrischika wrote:

What to do if the say the 2nd letter is in the same petal as the last letter?

Here's the original GD lecture "Sigils From The Rose" which explains everything.

Rose isn't always the best method, i.e. if your angel is planetary you can also sigilize her name using the kameas (magic squares) of the planets. Check out Israel Regardie's "How to Make and Use Talismans" for instructions. I know pdf's are evil but PM me for copy if you can't find it anywhere. :)