My Current NAP experiment

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

My Current NAP experiment

Post#1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:03 am

I am a huge fan of NAP and lately the MMG. Though condensed somewhat...ritual is not magic...it's what leads us to the inflamed state to which magick occurs (my opinion only). Invoking is key to evoking (thanks to my mate here who taught me this valuable lesson ;-)) The NAP spirits are very old and well known spirits in terms of their appearance in older grimoires, esoteric writings and Kabbalah/Qabalah lore.

Anyway...long story short. Life has been rough of late and I have decided to use 4 of the rituals from the NAP and a total of 7 spirits. At once. 6 angels and 1 I am not so sure on...Every day. One at 8am/ the next at 12pm/ next at 5pm/ next at 10pm.

I have a consecrated parchment hexagram in a double circle with the angelic names in Paleo-Hebrew written around the circle. I have the petitions that I make in each ritual which I have beefed up to being just short of actual evocation to manifestation (if that makes sense ) written within the arms of the hexagram.

I have made 4 small cards on consecrated parchment upon which I have written the petitions (and the angelic names in Paleo-Hebrew on the reverse make to each set of spirits throughout the day. They are held within an envelope I have made from the same batch of parchment (consecrated as per old Solomonic style ritual). At night...I take out these four "cards" (which I have carried with me and used throughout the day) place them on the "wheel" as I have come to call it...and a massive blue candle burns in the centre. Angelica Root is placed at certain points.

Each night I do some deeper work and take it way past what is standard for the NAP and at a certain point address all 7 at once through evocation based on an older style of work. I'm not 100% they're keen on what I am doing but no one has said to stop...so we'll see.

Now I know this is very much my own thing and not "NAP pure" ...in fact, this is NOT how I'd normally work at all...but I thought I'd share what I'm doing with you all and I'll let you know how it went once the course is run. Not really going to give updates on the actual workings until they're done. I'm sure y'all understand that. I just thought there might be some interest in using some license with our magical workings.

(PS...the earthenware pot is full of small stones and I usually have a charcoal disc and burn my special blend incense in there. It had run it's course before I took the shot. The seal at the top in-front of the pot is that of an archangel I work with often.

Here's a pretty pic :-)
Attachments
DSC01335.jpg

Frater.F.D.
Philosophus

Re: My Current NAP experiment

Post#2 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am

It seems interesting, the only question i have is are
All rituals/entities related somehow? Improvisation
Is the only Way to improve things monsieur Slater.
Rules when learnt can be broken. Love the results
Of your picture, the typography is very clear :)

redd30

Post#3 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:16 pm

All I can say is give it a shot but be cautious not to burn yourself out. You could keep (with the card idea) the sigil of the spirits on you and channel energy into them in spare moments. Just a thought/suggestion.

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#4 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Looks very good. Conserve your energy. That must draw a lot of it from you. But I have also done similar work, modifying NAP. I like it!
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Frater.F.D. wrote:It seems interesting, the only question i have is are
All rituals/entities related somehow? Improvisation
Is the only Way to improve things monsieur Slater.
Rules when learnt can be broken. Love the results
Of your picture, the typography is very clear :)

They're related in the sense that they are working towards different aspects of the same larger end goal.

by redd30 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:16 am
All I can say is give it a shot but be cautious not to burn yourself out.

Yeah I thought about that too. We'll see how it goes...I'm doing a lot of energy raising before each ritual to try to counter that potential problem. not sure if it'll work but that's half the fun of the experiment.

by Silenciumetaurum on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:21 pm
Looks very good. Conserve your energy. That must draw a lot of it from you. But I have also done similar work, modifying NAP. I like it!

Thanks man. I'll keep an eye on things. Your blog was part of my inspiration to think 0utside the box with this stuff. So cheers for that! :-)

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#6 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#7 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:41 am

Thank you for your intent to share this experiment with us Slater, I look forward to hearing of your results once you've gotten closer to your desired outcome. I too am a big fan of Gray-Cobb's work; and when I've used NAP and the MG (especially recently) I tend to make the workings similarly more involved (more akin to evocation than petitioning). I like the work you put into your set-up, and Angelica is an excellent energy to add to the mix in an experiment such as this.

Can I ask, how long do you intend on performing the rituals as you've outlined - have you determined a specific time frame or do you intend on going until your desired results manifest (or until you receive some revelation confirming such a manifestation)?

And one last comment:

MagiAwen wrote:I know for myself ... it helps for me to make a small meal or snack

This I cannot agree with more. I've learned from many intensive experiments I've conducted over the past couple years, your body needs to be replenished just as much (if not much moreso) than anything else. Carbs (good ones from grains, not candy), and healthy fats (like in seeds, nuts and legumes) are important...I also suspect very much that specific b vitamins and neurotransmitter precursors (specifically b6 and choline) need to be replenished. I'll need to start a thread to discuss some of my ideas and experiments with this when I find more free time; but for now I'll second MagiAwen, and say don't forget to snack when you start feeling a little drained :)

X
Ex Mea Sententia.

Fio Praeter Humanus
Philosophus

Post#8 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:26 am

Wow, very nice. I like it.

Be sure to report back when you succeed in your working.