Only reason why NAP works

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

fratersd
Philosophus

Re: Only reason why NAP works

Post#11 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Enochian wrote:I actually mean it quite literally.

You are Allah.

But don't say that around Muslims, otherwise they will kill you.

There be a lot of allahs around here....
You are me as I am you as we are all together...
Flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo!

akenu
Adeptus Minor

Post#12 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:29 am

fratersd wrote:
Enochian wrote:I actually mean it quite literally.

You are Allah.

But don't say that around Muslims, otherwise they will kill you.

There be a lot of allahs around here....
You are me as I am you as we are all together...

Not so many, just one... We are all One, individuality is illusion, independence a false hope.

Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Philosophus

Post#13 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Recognizing yourself as a sovereign aspect of emptiness (or god if you wanna use that term) is in my mind one of the prerequisites for affective magick. However I would not conjecture that individuality is an illusion. I do not mean to deny the inherent cosmic unity of all phenomena. But I would assert that a sovereign entity with free will can exist. Otherwise one could not make any choice without a predestined outcome.

You can choose where to direct your awareness. Ergo, we are a collective of individuals. Unified in our essential nature. But separate through ego, and transcendent nonself. That is, a Buddha is not all Buddhas. But all Buddhas have the same inherent nature. So all Buddhas are one Buddha. But two Buddhas may act independently of one another. :lol: it sounds contradictory, but I assure you it is not.
We look to the moon, rather than grasping the finger tip. Image

redd30

Post#14 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:48 pm

I've always considered that each of us is a piece of "god" or whatever it is. That each person is an island in an ocean of energy. It's this ocean that connects us to each other. Through the ocean were send out our energy to connect to other island. Saying hello to someone transfers the energy of your voice to the ears of that person. In magic we harness that energy to project an intent outwards. It takes a strong and focused will to make magic happen. This is what I believe, I also believe that every person on the planet effect the "ocean" through their beliefs. We just do this better.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#15 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Enochian wrote:I believe the reason why NAP works is because you are supposed to acheive a trance state, the same state used for OBE, astral projection, lucid dreaming etc.

I believe it is this altered state which gives all the power, combined with the intention.

I don't do the trance state.

Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Philosophus

Post#16 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Slater would you mind giving us a detailed description of how you personally use NAP then? My understanding was that all the rites for change involve a hypnotic induction "relax, unwind..." So, that'd be the trance inducing part.

I'm confused how you go about the rite if you skip that.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#17 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 pm

I don't skip it...relax and unwinding is not trance state IMO. Sure it's the beginnings of a self hypnotic state...but it's not trance state.

I don't want to make a big thing out of it ...I just thought it was a big call to say "this is the only reason it works".
The spirits utilized within the book have a long history with magicians and the whole "it's all in your head/trance state/will" thing just reeks of the Jungian ideas I reject. "If I wish hard enough...it will be true" :toss

So, it's just my opinion...I'm not telling you how to do it or why it works...just that the categorical statement of the OP doesn't ring true for me.

If trance state works for you...then great. Not all of us go that far with the self hypnosis and it still works was my point.

Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Philosophus

Post#18 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Ooooooh that makes sense! A lot of people might say hypnosis, even light hypnosis results in a trance of sorts. The words trance and hypnosis don't have very precise meanings. So I can see how such confusion in communication resulted. Glad for the clarification. 8-)

Topic author
Enochian
Practicus

Post#19 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 am

Slater wrote:I don't skip it...relax and unwinding is not trance state IMO. Sure it's the beginnings of a self hypnotic state...but it's not trance state.

I don't want to make a big thing out of it ...I just thought it was a big call to say "this is the only reason it works".
The spirits utilized within the book have a long history with magicians and the whole "it's all in your head/trance state/will" thing just reeks of the Jungian ideas I reject. "If I wish hard enough...it will be true" :toss

So, it's just my opinion...I'm not telling you how to do it or why it works...just that the categorical statement of the OP doesn't ring true for me.

If trance state works for you...then great. Not all of us go that far with the self hypnosis and it still works was my point.

I do NOT use a Jungian "all in my head" perspecticve.

If you acheive a true trance state (of the type used for real time OBE) all your psychic powers become awakened. You can see through your eyelids and all sorts of other crazy shit.

Thats the persepective I am coming from, which is more of an Eastern one.

fratersd
Philosophus

Post#20 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:03 am

Enochian wrote:

I do NOT use a Jungian "all in my head" perspecticve.

If you acheive a true trance state (of the type used for real time OBE) all your psychic powers become awakened. You can see through your eyelids and all sorts of other crazy shit.

Thats the persepective I am coming from, which is more of an Eastern one.

Um, that sounds more like astral projection.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo!