Only reason why NAP works

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Enochian
Practicus

Re: Only reason why NAP works

Post#21 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 am

fratersd wrote:Um, that sounds more like astral projection.

Well yes.

But from the trance state multiple things can be done.

Here is a partial list:

1. real time astral sight
2. real time OBE / astral projection
3. WILD
4. Vision Screen

The point is that, during a trance state all psychic powers activate.

akenu
Adeptus Minor

Post#22 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 am

Enochian wrote:
Slater wrote:I don't skip it...relax and unwinding is not trance state IMO. Sure it's the beginnings of a self hypnotic state...but it's not trance state.

I don't want to make a big thing out of it ...I just thought it was a big call to say "this is the only reason it works".
The spirits utilized within the book have a long history with magicians and the whole "it's all in your head/trance state/will" thing just reeks of the Jungian ideas I reject. "If I wish hard enough...it will be true" :toss

So, it's just my opinion...I'm not telling you how to do it or why it works...just that the categorical statement of the OP doesn't ring true for me.

If trance state works for you...then great. Not all of us go that far with the self hypnosis and it still works was my point.

I do NOT use a Jungian "all in my head" perspecticve.

If you acheive a true trance state (of the type used for real time OBE) all your psychic powers become awakened. You can see through your eyelids and all sorts of other crazy shit.

Thats the persepective I am coming from, which is more of an Eastern one.

I have seen through my eyelids quite often, but I was able to perform astral projection only once (from dream state), so I believe that these two trance states differ, too.

Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Philosophus

Post#23 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 am

I have played with hypnotic inductions from other people, tapes and auto hypnosis as well as lucid dreaming (WILD, MILD,) astral projection from waking states, and hypnagogia. They are all very close but, not identical. I think the difference is probably only a few Hz in brainwaves. Actually, Astral projection from a waking state and hypnagogia is probably the same. At least I can't tell any difference once I'm out of my body.

What's a vision screen?
We look to the moon, rather than grasping the finger tip. Image

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#24 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 am

I believe NAP works because you achieve an altered and relaxed state

where you are not lusting for result and that the spirits in that book

work with you and not for you.

TIM
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Post#25 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Yes, I agree with BBB -- the NAP ritual brings you to an altered and relaxed state -- a sensation of uplift which leaves behind mental chatter, mundane thoughts but yet in a state were strong feelings can be experienced. I think of it as a pure or purer state, but not a trance. How can one be 'enflamed' if in a trance? I prefer to work with the spirits rather than to think of them as working for me as well. Although in times of emergency, I've called out to them and had immediate results.

Topic author
Enochian
Practicus

Post#26 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Well a trance state is an EXTREME relaxed state, where the body actually falls asleep.

KITTY EMPIRE
Practicus

Post#27 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:25 pm

has anyone tried to induce trance then, visualise perfectly whatever is willing, give in some energy and letting it be, would that be being like God?

Whaddabout throat chakra, you seem to say it is powerful for some reason but do not describe it in detail.

I think it is a good topik! :)

SadisticDarkness

Post#28 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

KITTY EMPIRE wrote:has anyone tried to induce trance then, visualise perfectly whatever is willing, give in some energy and letting it be, would that be being like God?

Whaddabout throat chakra, you seem to say it is powerful for some reason but do not describe it in detail.

I think it is a good topik! :)

Thinking "really hard" about things will not reap results.

KITTY EMPIRE
Practicus

Post#29 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Being in trance is not thinking actually. There was said that after entering trance psychic powers are freed. That made me think because the subject of the topic is about just saying things (that we could = to (in some way) to your thinking very hard) and they get done; is being like God, so I wondered what would be the best conditions.

Many here mention will (this shouldn't I guess be equaled with thinking hard). So what is then difference for you between will and thinking hard, and when is will strong enough? Maybe when it has enormous amount of energy. And if you go into a trance, have enormous amount of energy, you are not thinking hard you are just visualising , or in case of thinking- saying the goal aloud.

redd30

Post#30 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 pm

If your mind is highly trained and disciplined then yes you can, however it takes training to get to that point and a firm will. I've manifested things this way, however the biggest problem is what gets manifested. If your thinking a long the lines of The Secret then forget it. What your thinking about is basically sigil magic without the sigil. Just holding your intent firmly in mind while charging it with a strong desire. I've been able to reuse sigil without the sigil (being seen or visualized) after the initial manifestation, just through visualization. You must absolutely want it to happen.

Both concentration and trance bring the subconscious forward. In some paradigms the subconscious cause magic to occur.