Only reason why NAP works

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

SadisticDarkness

Re: Only reason why NAP works

Post#31 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

KITTY EMPIRE wrote:Being in trance is not thinking actually. There was said that after entering trance psychic powers are freed. That made me think because the subject of the topic is about just saying things (that we could = to (in some way) to your thinking very hard) and they get done; is being like God, so I wondered what would be the best conditions.

Many here mention will (this shouldn't I guess be equaled with thinking hard). So what is then difference for you between will and thinking hard, and when is will strong enough? Maybe when it has enormous amount of energy. And if you go into a trance, have enormous amount of energy, you are not thinking hard you are just visualising , or in case of thinking- saying the goal aloud.

What is this "energy"? Define it, please.

SadisticDarkness

Post#32 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:46 pm

redd30 wrote:If your mind is highly trained and disciplined then yes you can, however it takes training to get to that point and a firm will. I've manifested things this way, however the biggest problem is what gets manifested. If your thinking a long the lines of The Secret then forget it. What your thinking about is basically sigil magic without the sigil. Just holding your intent firmly in mind while charging it with a strong desire. I've been able to reuse sigil without the sigil (being seen or visualized) after the initial manifestation, just through visualization. You must absolutely want it to happen.

Both concentration and trance bring the subconscious forward. In some paradigms the subconscious cause magic to occur.

Sigil Magic is most certainly highly effective, but it is of course, the power of the entity in question that you are tapping into, in conjunction with your intent.

However, it is generally useless without the Law of Reverse Effort in place.

redd30

Post#33 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:51 pm

I use my own will instead of any entity. I find that by taking out the middle man they work better, and again I will state fire and forget. You have to learn to not lust/worry about results. Send the desire off to the never-never and go eat a sandwich or whatever gets your mind free.

SadisticDarkness

Post#34 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 pm

I use my own will instead of any entity.

Haha, and how has that been going for you? I expected some kind of "feel good philosophy", a pleasant but completely ineffective belief-system.

redd30

Post#35 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Pretty damn good if I say so myself. Had a lot of success and no feel go philosophy to go with it. Got everything I wanted and found out that a lot stuff I got, I really didn't want. Just curious why can't you believe that You have the power to effect reality just as effect as some entity? I can, I have.

SadisticDarkness

Post#36 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Pretty damn good if I say so myself. Had a lot of success and no feel go philosophy to go with it. Got everything I wanted and found out that a lot stuff I got, I really didn't want.

Doubtful. I suppose an individual alone could posses the power to exert minimal change in the environment (I.E. basic candle magic, poppet magic), however, such things are a joke in comparison with something like Evocation, for exemplary purposes.

redd30

Post#37 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Keep your beliefs. I find them shallow and empty. I haven't sold my soul to any demon.

SadisticDarkness

Post#38 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:09 pm

redd30 wrote:Keep your beliefs. I find them shallow and empty. I haven't sold my soul to any demon.

I'm sorry, when did I speak of "selling your soul to a demon"?

Are you referring to Evocation?

redd30

Post#39 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 pm

If it works for you that's all well and fine. What I do works for me and I get results. Just don't knock someone else's method just because it doesn't fit you belief structure. I wanna keep the peace here. No need for anyone to get out of sorts. So we cool?

SadisticDarkness

Post#40 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:30 pm

redd30 wrote:If it works for you that's all well and fine. What I do works for me and I get results. Just don't knock someone else's method just because it doesn't fit you belief structure. I wanna keep the peace here. No need for anyone to get out of sorts. So we cool?

It was never my intention to ostracize your work, so I apologize for my austerity.