How many times should a spell be read?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
62truckmark
Neophyte

How many times should a spell be read?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:24 pm

When using NAP, once I reach point A - I then move into the spell and read it aloud.

I felt the urge to repeat the spell over and over to ensure it is heard and answered. Nothing anywhere states you cannot repeat a spells words over and over.

Is this an acceptable practice?

And also can this be held true for other grimores?

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Re: How many times should a spell be read?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:50 pm

There's not really a set condition for repetition of the rite.
I myself prefer to repeat it 3x.

wright
Zelator

Post#3 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:48 am

it depends on the entheogen you use, or how long you take to get into an autohypnotic trance. repeating the phrase for 20 minutes would be good, or until you feel something in the air around you change.

Frater.F.D.
Philosophus

Post#4 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:52 pm

David St. Clair in Lessons in Instant ESP (I think it was that book :thinking ) says that phrases get to the unconscious if you repeat it 3 times, because when it perceives some rare (repeating a phrase 3 times is not normal) it pays attention to it. However, in the NAP book it's told how many times you should read an invocation, for the astral bomb it's 1 time, for the defensive armor 3 times, dunno why.

Phrases repeated 3 times, reach the unconscious/spirit world :o

KITTY EMPIRE
Practicus

Post#5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 pm

invocations too three times? like for general purpose one?

Shadow
Zelator

Post#6 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Well I had been doing it just once; of course I don't feel anything when I do...

I feel energy from the LBRP and other pre-rituals, but the invocation does nothing of note. I suppose I shall try repeating it 3 times.

Good topic.
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven." - Paradise Lost

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:49 pm

wright wrote:it depends on the entheogen you use, or how long you take to get into an autohypnotic trance. repeating the phrase for 20 minutes would be good, or until you feel something in the air around you change.

He's asking in terms of the NAP and in that case I would NOT recommended using an entheogen. At all. Considering the tradition it is drawing on.

Stick to the grimoire as it is and you'll be fine. Some of the spells/chants suggest three times, others do not. If you really want to...do it three times but you know...spirits aren't deaf as Vovin once put it . ;-)

MagusDivine
Practicus

Post#8 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Spirits aren't deaf, I really like that ...

I personally prefer to stick with NAP as is, when I find myself wanting to repeat many times usually it is doubt creeping up as to whether my request has actually gone out into the Universe and I just start messing myself up with doubt

On the contrary I don't see any harm if the repeatetion is coming from in fact authority and faith and not doubt as in my case...

Would like to know what really works best here either way and stick with it, if repeatetion brings results then it's obviously preferable

xxxx
" and the multitude disillusioned with Christianity without compass or direction, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out " Albert Pike, 33rd Degree Freemason