DEE-HEY-THOOTH

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
BrotherM

DEE-HEY-THOOTH

Post#1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:21 am

Hi Guys,

This is a very powerful and useful ritual in NAP, but it is hidden away at the back of the book and I have never really seen it discussed. I used it when I need it, and it tends to really get stuff moving. Would be interested in how other people draw the Sigil and any experiences that you have with this spirits.

Many thanks,

Bro-M

Topic author
Vrischika

Re: DEE-HEY-THOOTH

Post#2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:32 am

I used to do it sometimes as described in the book in the end of NAP rituals, but didn't notice any difference in results and have forgotten to use it since.

I wonder where Gray-Cobb got DHT from... I'd guess the movement comes from a sigilization of the name but what it stands for would be interesting to know...

Topic author
BrotherM

Post#3 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:16 pm

It sounds enochian to me, but logically it can't be. In Hebrew it is probably DHThTh. I "feel" something when I do it and I find it helps, but it on it's own doesn't do much. Interesting little bit of magick none the less

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm

I wondered about it as well but thought that the Thooth portion of it might have had a connection with Thoth. I had studied a bit of hieroglyphics many years ago and thought that Thoth was actually the sounds of T hoo teh and guessed it was pronounced Ta-hoo-teh. It's too bad that we didn't think of posting that question to Vicki when she was going to answer questions with her dad! Perhaps Brother Butterball may have an idea! ;)

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:45 pm

I think Crowley and possibly some of those GD people called Thoth for "DAHUTI".

Da Huti? Da Hooty? Da Hottie?
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Topic author
Shugal

Post#6 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:59 am

Hi Forum

Grab wrote:I think Crowley and possibly some of those GD people called Thoth for "DAHUTI".

Da Huti? Da Hooty? Da Hottie?

As far as my knowledge goes, "Thoth" is the greek version of the name of the ibis-headed god. Later Egyptologists stated the correct pronunciation was something like "Tahuti". The state of the art in Egyptology now says something like "Djekuty".

has anybody tried writing tahuti on something like the GD hebrew lettered rose? the gestures could be the tracing of a seal thus obtained.

My 2 cents.

Shugal

Red Aphrod
Neophyte

Post#7 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Thoth is God of Knowledge, Wisdom and Magick,
Thoth = thought

talerman
Magus

Post#8 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 am

Red Aphrod wrote:Thoth is God of Knowledge, Wisdom and Magick,
Thoth = thought

The first one is correct
The second one might be correct only by chance.
Please, even though it might sound fascinating, such kind of parallels can lead a poor human being to believe in all kind of fantastic stories that are good for nothing because they are simply not truth.