NAP BOOK AND RELAXING

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
mochagoddess38
Zelator

NAP BOOK AND RELAXING

Post#1 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:09 pm

I purchased a hard copy of NAP after using the pdf for a little over a month. Is there anyone here who had better results with the book versus the pdf version. Also when I receive the book do I need to do anything to it?

With regard to relaxation, I have the capability to tune excess "stuff" out (I have to at work otherwise I'd hear all sorts of junk) but I don't believe I'm getting to that fully relaxed state. Sometimes I do feel groggy, so maybe that's it. How do you know when you get there and how can you still be in that state when there are things you have to say and/or do?

raum215
Magister Templi

Re: NAP BOOK AND RELAXING

Post#2 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm

You are there when you forget you are trying to get there and stop wondering if you are.

hope that makes sense.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

tai
Adeptus Minor

Post#3 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am

mochagoddess38 wrote:With regard to relaxation, I have the capability to tune excess "stuff" out (I have to at work otherwise I'd hear all sorts of junk) but I don't believe I'm getting to that fully relaxed state. Sometimes I do feel groggy, so maybe that's it. How do you know when you get there and how can you still be in that state when there are things you have to say and/or do?

During the “letting go” and “relax” stage of NAP Relaxation Ritual I use the following standard visualization:

You stand at the top of a descending staircase. The stairs are covered in thick soft carpeting. You start to slowly descend. You notice the step down has the words “let go” written on it, the next step below that one has the words “relax” on them, unwinding down into the darkness. You relax deeper and deeper with each step until the body and gravity disappear.

The key is to end up utterly relaxed and lucid rather than groggy.

One thing NAP taught me is that I do not need to DO anything. Rather I need to STOP doing things and let higher forces take over.

Topic author
mochagoddess38
Zelator

Post#4 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:25 pm

raum215 wrote:You are there when you forget you are trying to get there and stop wondering if you are.

hope that makes sense.

Makes lots of sense. Thank you!

Topic author
mochagoddess38
Zelator

Post#5 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 pm

tai wrote:
mochagoddess38 wrote:With regard to relaxation, I have the capability to tune excess "stuff" out (I have to at work otherwise I'd hear all sorts of junk) but I don't believe I'm getting to that fully relaxed state. Sometimes I do feel groggy, so maybe that's it. How do you know when you get there and how can you still be in that state when there are things you have to say and/or do?

During the “letting go” and “relax” stage of NAP Relaxation Ritual I use the following standard visualization:

You stand at the top of a descending staircase. The stairs are covered in thick soft carpeting. You start to slowly descend. You notice the step down has the words “let go” written on it, the next step below that one has the words “relax” on them, unwinding down into the darkness. You relax deeper and deeper with each step until the body and gravity disappear.

The key is to end up utterly relaxed and lucid rather than groggy.

One thing NAP taught me is that I do not need to DO anything. Rather I need to STOP doing things and let higher forces take over.

So are you saying I'm too relaxed, with regard to the grogginess. The best I can describe it is right when you wake up in the morning if you arent a morning person.

tai
Adeptus Minor

Post#6 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm

I had the same problem with grogginess until I remembered to end every session that started with the NAP Relaxation Ritual with the “Come Back” from NAP Ritual (p. 67).

Topic author
mochagoddess38
Zelator

Post#7 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 pm

tai wrote:I had the same problem with grogginess until I remembered to end every session that started with the NAP Relaxation Ritual with the “Come Back” from NAP Ritual (p. 67).

So the "grogginess" during the invocations is what I should be feeling? You make a good point about the coming back ritual. I generally don't do that all the time.

tai
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 am

mochagoddess38 wrote:So the "grogginess" during the invocations is what I should be feeling?

No, you should not be feeling groggy. Also I don't think you can be too relaxed. I think part of it is your system is getting used to the NAP energies. But the grogginess should go away after a while. For example I now have no problem reaching a point of complete relaxation and awareness then vibrating Arzel's name 3x. The point is, your body and mind should not be tensing up from thinking about what you have to do next. Tension creates blockage to energetic flow.

Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Philosophus

Post#9 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:16 am

Relaxation does not preclude attentive or fixed awareness.

Your posture may cause groginess. Sit up straight. Leaning forward will make you tense. Leaning backward may lead to groginess. Or maybe the opposite is the case. I am sleepy presently, and can't rightly tell. Experiment!

Maybe try out some hypnosic inductions that involve relaxing your whole body, one group of muscles at a time. I do believe the "Sylva Method" makes use of that kind of hypnotic induction, a method conducive to beginning NAP-like rituals. You can modify Point A, using progressive muscles relaxation like in various audios you can find...

I like Dr. Steven LaBerge...

OPEN THOSE OCATRINE VIBRATIONAL SPHERE-GATE LIGHTS

NOW

It is quite simple really. Imagine a warm, pleasant sensation: an ELECTROMAGNETIC vibration that slowly begins to permeate your body. It starts at the soles of your feet and begins to be soaked up into your legs. Focus on your breathing for a moment. Just feel the breath moving out and in, in and out, out and in and in and out and in and on and on. Feeling the breath you become more relaxed. Focusing on the breath you become more aware. More and more aware of your breath and less and less concerned with other things, thoughts and feelings. You breathe slowly, deeply and relax. You are relaxing and breathing, breathing and relaxing and so on and on and on you relax more and more with each and every breath.

A now you are quite relaxed. You begin to notice that the pleasantly warm vibrations that began in the soles of your feet are spreading through your body. Focusing on your hands you feel them relaxing as the warm vibrations swirl, twist and soak through ever fibre of you hands. Your feet to are soaked by this warm magnetic vibration. Your face to is relaxing. Your scalp begins to tingle as the thick magnetic fluid pours over the crown of your head, interpenetrating your body with its soft, pleasant vibrations. You bring your awareness to your breath again and relax, more and more, letting go of every though, feeling and sensation that passes through the acute locus of your awareness. Your hands and feet are fully relaxed. You feel the relaxation spreading through your whole body.

It is spreading in your arms, in your legs, in your neck, and through your spine. The warm magnetic fluid swirls through your body, filling it with a beautiful octarine light-vibration. It is captivating and fills you with relaxing, calm, warming vibrations. With these come a restful heaviness that sinks over your like a thick caramel and as you breath, and relax, you begin to chew the restful heaviness of your awareness as it spreads over you. Relaxing deeper and deeper, as you brEAthE and lEt gO. You are soon fully relaxed. You breathe and feel the warm octarine light. You relax, as you let go. Breathing in is bringing more octarine relaxation into your body. Breathing out is relaxing your bodymind deeper and deeper. Softer and softer your muscles become. Deeper and deeper you'rE rel-AXE, because just breathing out is letting go. Letting go is relaxation. When you breathe out you are relaxed. When you breathe out you are letting go. When you breathe you are aware. When you breathe you are relaxed.

You are relaxed and aware. You are full of octarine vibration. :)

[trancedits :roll: ]
Last edited by Nagual-Hoor-Lam on Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We look to the moon, rather than grasping the finger tip. Image

Topic author
mochagoddess38
Zelator

Post#10 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am

Nagual-Hoor-Lam wrote:Relaxation does not preclude attentive or fixed awareness.

Your posture may cause groginess. Sit up straight. Leaning forward will make you tense. Leaning backward may lead to groginess. Or maybe the opposite is the case. I am sleepy presently, and can't rightly tell. Experiment!

Maybe try out some hypnosic inductions that involve relaxing your whole body, one group of muscles at a time. I do believe the "Sylva Method" makes use of that kind of hypnotic induction, a method conducive to beginning NAP-like rituals. You can modify Point A, using progressive muscles relaxation like in various audios you can find...

I like Dr. Steven LaBerge...

It is quite simple really. Imagine a warm, pleasant sensation: an electromagnetic vibration that slowly begins to permeate your body. It starts at the soles of your feet and begins to be soaked up into your legs. Focus on your breathing for a moment. Just feel the breath moving out and in, in and out, out and in and in and out and in and on and on. Feeling the breath you become more relaxed. Focusing on the breath you become more aware. More and more aware of your breath and less and less concerned with other things, thoughts and feelings. You breathe slowly, deeply and relax. You are relaxing and breathing, breathing and relaxing and so on and on and on you relax more and more with each and every breath.

A now you are quite relaxed. You begin to notice that the pleasantly warm vibrations that began in the soles of your feet are spreading through your body. Focusing on your hands you feel them relaxing as the warm vibrations swirl, twist and soak through ever fibre of you hands. Your feet to are soaked by this warm magnetic vibration. Your face to is relaxing. Your scalp begins to tingle as the thick magnetic fluid pours over the crown of your head, interpenetrating your body with its soft, pleasant vibrations. You bring your awareness to your breath again and relax, more and more, letting go of every though, feeling and sensation that passes through the acute locus of your awareness. Your hands and feet are fully relaxed. You feel the relaxation spreading through your whole body.

It is spreading in your arms, in your legs, in your neck, and through your spine. The warm magnetic fluid swirls through your body, filling it with a beautiful octarine light-vibration. It is captivating and fills you with relaxing, calm, warming vibrations. With these come a restful heaviness that sinks over your like a thick caramel and as you breath, and relax, you begin to chew the restful heaviness of your awareness as it spreads over you. Relaxing deeper and deeper, as you breathe and let go. You are soon fully relaxed. You breathe and feel the warm octarine light. You relax, as you let go. Breathing in is bringing more octarine relaxation into your body. Breathing out is relaxing your bodymind deeper and deeper. Softer and softer your muscles become. Deeper and deeper your relax, because just breathing out is letting go. Letting go is relaxation. When you breathe out you are relaxed. When you breathe out you are letting go. When you breathe you are aware. When you breathe you are relaxed.

You are relaxed and aware. You are full of octarine vibration. :)

Ok reading this made me feel really good. I'm at work right now, but we have a meditation room. I'm going to try it. It's just hard for me to understand relaxing. I'm generally not a tense person (that I know of lol)