If NAP is one of the most effective and easiest grimoires...

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
abuot
Neophyte

If NAP is one of the most effective and easiest grimoires...

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:00 am

- Why is it practically unknown in the outside world?
- Why isn't there no attempt from any publishing company to purchase rights to reprint it?
- Why did Mr. Cobb decide to "move on", as mentioned in his correspondence with BBB a couple of years ago?

we will never know the exact reasons but perhaps you could give your honest opinions?

madrath
Zelator

Re: If NAP is one of the most effective and easiest grimoire

Post#2 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:33 am

Why do you assume it is the easiest? And why do you assume it is the most effective?

It is a book. It, altogether with work, gave some people (me among the others) decent results. But I would not say this is the 'easiest grimoire' - it is far easier to light a candle and state your intention. For one it will work, for other it will not. For me candle and sigil magic were always most spectacular.

But to the point:
1. It is quite known as for the modern grimoire, depends on where you search. Also it is lost among other 'new age' stuff although it is definitely not one of those.
2. I would say, the business is business. Maybe they wait until it will became a public domain? Or, what we may not be aware, copy right owners do not want it to be republished.
3. Sorry, do not know the correspondence.

M.

djenkins
Practicus

Post#3 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Many books are unknown to many people, I hadn't heard of quite a few until I found forums such as this.

I think it is the easiest in my opinion, and yes lighting a candle & sigils are easy to do, but this is dealing with spirits whereas those are spells, compare this to a grimoire that requires a whole set of items then it is far far easier.

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 pm

abuot wrote:- Why is it practically unknown in the outside world?
- Why isn't there no attempt from any publishing company to purchase rights to reprint it?
- Why did Mr. Cobb decide to "move on", as mentioned in his correspondence with BBB a couple of years ago?

we will never know the exact reasons but perhaps you could give your honest opinions?

- Because in comparison to the other tomes out there, NAP is still pretty young.
- Maybe in reality, the demand for this book is not high.
- Who knows.....

NAP is one of the easier grimoires to get into because it spells (lol) out alot of things
for you. I for one think the grimoire of Armadel is quite easier than this.

As for effectiveness, it might be an illusion that you've subscribed to. NAP
is really only popular in this forum and has a dedicated "cult" like following here,
there isn't alot of information out there about it.

Also, perhaps it's the practitioners who utilizes this grimoire are the reason that it's
so effective.

wright
Zelator

Post#5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 pm

abuot wrote:- Why is it practically unknown in the outside world?

where did you get the idea that the new avatar power is the easiest grimoire? the only thing easy about it is that it is empty-hand. you can take ANY grimoire out there, ignore the calls for the magical props, and just read the conjurations as-is and voila, you have as 'easy' a grimoire as the new avatar power, and in a lot of cases even easier. it really is that simple. will the conjurations work if you ignore the sigils and props and just do the work empty-hand? YOU TELL ME. go do a rite from the books of moses or the greater key the way they are described but with no props just by reading the conjurations and calling the spirits and SEE WHAT HAPPENS. and when you're done report back.

abuot wrote:- Why isn't there no attempt from any publishing company to purchase rights to reprint it?

because metaphysical books don't sell well?

abuot wrote:- Why did Mr. Cobb decide to "move on", as mentioned in his correspondence with BBB a couple of years ago?

the only way to know for sure is to ask him. maybe he got bored telling people the same things over and over again when in fact they can get all the information they really need if they just read his book. who wants to spend the rest of their lives acting as a walking talking FAQ?

abuot wrote:we will never know the exact reasons but perhaps you could give your honest opinions?

well there you go.

Nightshade
Neophyte

Post#6 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:46 pm

I think part of it is that it IS so simple. Have you ever read most of the "advanced" type books out there? Your spell could easily be 5 pages long, require precise timing, and call for very hard to get items. But for some people, more complex equals more effective and if something is too easy it must be dismiss-able.

Flying leaf 2
Zelator

Post#7 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:48 pm

I think that the label of "easiest grimoire" comes from the fact that you just read some conjurations and supposedly it is all what is done.

However, from personal experience I know that in order to make this grimoire work miracles such as those mentioned in nearly all the 90% of the book, you should have other abilities rather than read conjurations. I am not sure which ones, but I once used the general purpose incantation and it didn't worked. Because of that, I believe it is not 100% guaranteed that you'll succeed with it.

The book is interesting and from the experiences of many of you, it has some power. However, it is hard to find dramatic success stories here like those mentioned by the author.
Last edited by Flying leaf 2 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Nightshade wrote:I think part of it is that it IS so simple. Have you ever read most of the "advanced" type books out there? Your spell could easily be 5 pages long, require precise timing, and call for very hard to get items. But for some people, more complex equals more effective and if something is too easy it must be dismiss-able.

Yes the rituals are easy to preform (as for a beginner stand point) But Angels are far from easy to understand. Once you get into the " meat" of the book its not like opening a box of hamburger helper.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

null
Philosophus

Post#9 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Flying leaf 2 wrote: it is hard to find dramatic success stories here like those mentioned by the author.

:goodpost

Nightshade
Neophyte

Post#10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

summerland wrote:Yes the rituals are easy to preform (as for a beginner stand point) But Angels are far from easy to understand. Once you get into the " meat" of the book its not like opening a box of hamburger helper.

You're absolutely right. However I can absolutely see some readers opening the book and saying "hey, this is just reciting words". The lack of theatrics that I find so refreshing may not appeal to a lot of people in the occult. I'm not saying the book is simple in terms of depth or understanding, but from a ritual stand point