Offerings to NAP spirits * newbie

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
moon-swan
Neophyte

Offerings to NAP spirits * newbie

Post#1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 pm

I am about to start the NAP rituals again. I have tried some of the rituals last year but I didn't have any results last year. I thinks this was because I was too focused on material desires , I wasn't wiling to work for things and I wasn't focused on the spiritual side. It just occurred to me that I should probably do an offering to the spirits for their help but I am not sure how to do this. Do I say after the chant I will make an offering to you? What kind of offering should I give?
All replies will be much appreciated

johnblend
Philosophus

Re: Offerings to NAP spirits * newbie

Post#2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 am

It could be as simple as lighting a candle as a thank you and saying thanks to the spirit while lighting it.

"thank you Arzel, I light this candle for you as a sign of gratitude" maybe something like that.

Intent has a big part of it.

seektruth
Neophyte

Post#3 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 am

Giving offerings is a form of worship. Worship is different than saying thank you. It may seem the same, but they are different. There will always be those who disagree and those who mix systems, but when dealing with Angels specifically, the servants of YHVH, they do not want worship nor offerings. Here's an Example of what an Angel has to say about it:

Rev. 22:8 - And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not! for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Thanking Angels with sincere intent and gratitude is sufficient, and from their perspective, all they will accept. This is why the author's tone in is so authoritative in NAP. Because they are eager and wiling to help humanity, and consider themselves fellow servants.

wright
Zelator

Post#4 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:56 pm

seektruth wrote:Giving offerings is a form of worship. Worship is different than saying thank you. It may seem the same, but they are different. There will always be those who disagree and those who mix systems, but when dealing with Angels specifically, the servants of YHVH, they do not want worship nor offerings.

i believe a bit on the contrary. in the universe there is no such thing as something for nothing. freely you have received, freely give. i think that is where the grimoires stress giving alms and other means of paying it forward.

seektruth wrote:Here's an Example of what an Angel has to say about it:

Rev. 22:8 - And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not! for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Thanking Angels with sincere intent and gratitude is sufficient, and from their perspective, all they will accept. This is why the author's tone in is so authoritative in NAP. Because they are eager and wiling to help humanity, and consider themselves fellow servants.

again, it wouldn't hurt to put in a good word to the highest creator thanking them for sending angels to help you make it through this world. it's kind of like writing a letter of recommendation to the ceo of a company for good service rendered. a form of politeness that is always appreciated, and i'm sure that even in heaven there are employee of the month type awards given for faithful service. just a thought