NAP Noob & question for you all

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Horse Mush

NAP Noob & question for you all

Post#1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey there,

I came across NAP the other day while Googling for some old Robert Stone books and I was surprised to see all the 100% positive reviews on Amazon. I can't recall seeing such overwhelmingly positive "it really works" reviews before for any magick book. Then, I found this place and saw the bit about the flies filling the apartment... I thought that was pretty odd since I dl'ed NAP from scribd and right when I opened it, a big fat horsefly suddenly appeared in my bed room and flew between my face and the computer screen.

Anyway, as I began to read, I saw that it was the Chant-O-Matics approach to magick: "don't worry, nothing bad will happen. Just do as I say and forget about why it works. Just know that it will work." That didn't sit well with me, but I read on with hope that whatever I read wouldn't seem too sketchy.

I was bummed to discover it is Qabalist magick with a mysterious "ANKAR" added to YHVH. Is there anyone here who has worked with NAP successfully who wants absolutely nothing to do with YHVH Qabalistic magick? I suspect as usual a few chaotes have worked with it, so I'd be curious to hear about their results.

raum215
Magister Templi

Re: NAP Noob & question for you all

Post#2 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 pm

if you stripped NAP of Qabala and Western magic - there would be nothing left.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Topic author
Horse Mush

Post#3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:26 am

Right, I know. So everyone who is using it here is cool with that, then? Seems unusual that... oh wait, I just noticed the sub-heading: "The Forum Dedicated to Enochian and Magical Evocation." Yeah, I guess everyone here would be gung-ho to worship the war god.

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 am

NAP is a system set up by Fr Malak to contact those specific entities in this way.
That's what gives NAP it's flavour & power, the way it was setup.

Technically, if you want to "minimalize" this book - any angelic conjuration of your
choice will do.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:04 am

Horse Mush wrote:Right, I know. So everyone who is using it here is cool with that, then? Seems unusual that... oh wait, I just noticed the sub-heading: "The Forum Dedicated to Enochian and Magical Evocation." Yeah, I guess everyone here would be gung-ho to worship the war god.

Ok so when you say you're noob....you mean completely ignorant and know absolutely nothing about the difference between evocation and religion.

I'm not even going to bother explaining. This is not the board for you.

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#6 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:52 am

Horse Mush wrote:Right, I know. So everyone who is using it here is cool with that, then? Seems unusual that... oh wait, I just noticed the sub-heading: "The Forum Dedicated to Enochian and Magical Evocation." Yeah, I guess everyone here would be gung-ho to worship the war god.

The war god. Nodding my Cherokee chin, baybee! War paint clan represent!!!

U Adaladi Ani wode Ani yun wiya!

.... O is that what you meant? Do you think we all worship the same? Do you think war is any less holy than the wolf's tooth or the eagle's talon? Any less holy than a deer's tongue in a sacred fire, or a child's reach to he embraced?

War is not the issue, exploitation of war by private individuals is. War is what ensures the cultivation of a species and their inherent cultures. It is meant to be our pruning of our own species. Globalizing and incorporating it desecrates it,.. But then again it seems desecration is the way humans trend these days.

-----

if for some reason you want to use other names for the NAP then do so. The techniques he uses are not unique. What is are the forces that answer to them by specific names, which declare their offices and context of their agency.

Honestly, a magician of less than two months of instruction should be able to adopt this rather simple level of tech to any model they want. To varying degrees they would ultimately have to optimize. This is something I have been working on, as enochian as presented to Dee could easily be approached in such a way... But not the way most people who have interest in enochian may think.

That is my current writing project... And very easy to work with.

But you seem to take issue with enochian... So wever. Adapt it to loony tunes if you want, I might till have my copy of the great chaos magick classic liber fratres gel warnum around here. Essentially, it is a Grimoire that catalogs the Warner brothers cartoons.

the God of TEX is AVE-RY. :rofl

Best thing is it works at least as well as what is published modernly that requires more than drunken chanting while getting head and watching specific episodes of bugs bunny and friends.

And that was before 1993 for me.

So if you don't like what you see, make it. What doesn't work: Optimize it, and apply it.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Horse Mush wrote:Hey there,

I came across NAP the other day while Googling for some old Robert Stone books and I was surprised to see all the 100% positive reviews on Amazon. I can't recall seeing such overwhelmingly positive "it really works" reviews before for any magick book. Then, I found this place and saw the bit about the flies filling the apartment... I thought that was pretty odd since I dl'ed NAP from scribd and right when I opened it, a big fat horsefly suddenly appeared in my bed room and flew between my face and the computer screen.

Anyway, as I began to read, I saw that it was the Chant-O-Matics approach to magick: "don't worry, nothing bad will happen. Just do as I say and forget about why it works. Just know that it will work." That didn't sit well with me, but I read on with hope that whatever I read wouldn't seem too sketchy.

I was bummed to discover it is Qabalist magick with a mysterious "ANKAR" added to YHVH. Is there anyone here who has worked with NAP successfully who wants absolutely nothing to do with YHVH Qabalistic magick? I suspect as usual a few chaotes have worked with it, so I'd be curious to hear about their results.

The grimoire is completely derived on Qabalistic magick. All Angels associated with Psalms....So that would be probably impossible to do. Maybe a different paradigm would be better for you.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Horse Mush wrote:Hey there,

FLIES AGAIN? This is Not the nature of these spirits. Ive NEVER have seen one fly during my invocations with these spirits! Either your not cleansing or banishing properly or the neighbors need to the clean their yard for dog poop.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Topic author
Horse Mush

Post#9 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Slater wrote:

Ok so when you say you're noob....you mean completely ignorant and know absolutely nothing about the difference between evocation and religion.

I'm not even going to bother explaining. This is not the board for you.

Not quite. I was in BOTA and involved with Jim Eschelman's students for over a decade. I just don't believe as you do at this point and know there is no point discussing with you as well, which is why I left it as I left it. As I said, I know you have no problem worshipping the war god because you don't believe that is what is happening at all.

Topic author
Horse Mush

Post#10 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:23 pm

summerland wrote:
Horse Mush wrote:FLIES AGAIN? This is Not the nature of these spirits. Ive NEVER have seen one fly during my invocations with these spirits! Either your not cleansing or banishing properly or the neighbors need to the clean their yard for dog poop.

I haven't performed any Qabalist magick for over 5 years now. I did not do ANY banishing. I merely opened the PDF and began reading. Then, a huge as horse fly distracted me immediately by flying between my face and the screen. I didn't think anything of it til I came here looking for the usual chaotes who play with anything and everything and go posting about it somewhere online.