Hi, any tips? New Avatar Power not working?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

SunyataBound
Neophyte

Re: Hi, any tips? New Avatar Power not working?

Post#21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

johnblend wrote:Doing hindu pushups is an age old method for developing mind and magical power.

What are "hindu pushups"? I might be interested in incorporating that in my routine.

johnblend
Philosophus

Post#22 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 am

SunyataBound wrote:
johnblend wrote:Doing hindu pushups is an age old method for developing mind and magical power.

What are "hindu pushups"? I might be interested in incorporating that in my routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcW61Bb8uOo

Darkest_Knight
Neophyte

Post#23 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:35 pm

I have noticed that many on this forum mention performing the NAP ritual and incantations 3 times and I am curious as to why this is so. The book I have (The Miracle of New Avatar Power) does not mention repeating the incantations nor the Power Ritual at all, only the "Words of Power" in some of the rituals, like the Central Pillar. Was this something arrived at intuitively or recommended by the entities themselves?

RiverofThoughts
Neophyte

Post#24 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm

3 6 9 are great numbers.

"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe." - Nicola Tesla

HRHPBC
Neophyte

Post#25 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 am

mrblack wrote:PROTIP: The difference between a prayer and a NAP ritual is magickal power, that's what I believe is lacking w/ n00bs who start off w/ NAP and not get anywhere. Without magickal power behind it, you're simply saying a prayer and is hoping that the winds take it to said entity. With magickal power, you're are actually utilizing the NAP system to contact said entity, all cylinders are a go.

If what I've quoted is correct then the book is a lie. The entire premise of the NAP is that anyone off the street can do it and get results within 7 days. Yes the book specifies 7 days. In fact almost every example given in the book was #1 performed by a desperate amateur with no magical ability and #2 manifested very quickly. Of course, the examples in the book are all lies, however the purpose is to illustrate what one can and should expect. Let us stop making excuses for why something doesn't work if we follow the path precisely - this is often something one hears in mainstream religion. Oh it didn't work because you didn't have enough faith....BS....If you are following the instructions correctly, it should work. If it does not work....then NAP does not work.

Morgan
Practicus

Post#26 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 am

Yet so many people here on the forum claim NAP DOES work...We're not all liars :)
Perhaps it's a lack of willpower, maybe the desire isn't strong enough or the person doesn't have a knack for magick? I'm sorry if I generalize but let's not exclude these possible explanations.
If a spell doesn't work after a certain amount of time and dedication, stop it all together, forget about it for a few days and start all over again. Yes I agree we should follow the book. But no, you don't have to do these long complicated rituals, some spells work with just your voice, a desire and a book. that's what I think, at least

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#27 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:38 am

HRHPBC wrote:
mrblack wrote:PROTIP: The difference between a prayer and a NAP ritual is magickal power, that's what I believe is lacking w/ n00bs who start off w/ NAP and not get anywhere. Without magickal power behind it, you're simply saying a prayer and is hoping that the winds take it to said entity. With magickal power, you're are actually utilizing the NAP system to contact said entity, all cylinders are a go.

If what I've quoted is correct then the book is a lie. The entire premise of the NAP is that anyone off the street can do it and get results within 7 days. Yes the book specifies 7 days. In fact almost every example given in the book was #1 performed by a desperate amateur with no magical ability and #2 manifested very quickly. Of course, the examples in the book are all lies, however the purpose is to illustrate what one can and should expect. Let us stop making excuses for why something doesn't work if we follow the path precisely - this is often something one hears in mainstream religion. Oh it didn't work because you didn't have enough faith....BS....If you are following the instructions correctly, it should work. If it does not work....then NAP does not work.

Hmmm...... I dont believe they are lies... They are examples to show the average person can do these if done correctly. Building a relationship with these spirits are the most important thing. They have worked for me although not the way I wanted them to sometimes. Lessons are taught to those who do not listen. The main point is .... Do you learn from them? I have learned many.

You do not have to do the rituals once experienced on a daily basis. Once you connect to them they are with you all the time when summoned. I am very grateful for the blessings and lessons these spirits have helped me with. I have grown to understand 2 wrongs dont make a right, And wait to let it play out. Theres reasons for everything nothing is by coincidence.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#28 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm

HRHPBC wrote:If what I've quoted is correct then the book is a lie. The entire premise of the NAP is that anyone off the street can do it and get results within 7 days. Yes the book specifies 7 days. In fact almost every example given in the book was #1 performed by a desperate amateur with no magical ability and #2 manifested very quickly. Of course, the examples in the book are all lies, however the purpose is to illustrate what one can and should expect. Let us stop making excuses for why something doesn't work if we follow the path precisely - this is often something one hears in mainstream religion. Oh it didn't work because you didn't have enough faith....BS....If you are following the instructions correctly, it should work. If it does not work....then NAP does not work.

I don't think that Geof Gray-Cobb intended anyone to take the stories completely literally. They are meant to instill confidence in the practitioner and are clearly fabricated for this reason. Calling them 'lies' is a little harsh, but really just amounts to a poor choice of words.

If you're trying to bait other people into arguing with you, congratulations! If not, perhaps you should think before you type?
Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.

mannubhai
Neophyte

Post#29 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:09 am

Well said philodox...the stories sound too fantastical to be a 100 % true but they are simply a way of establishing belief in the system and that is what causes the magick to take place...the belief.

One suggestion is that a new practioner simply practise the relaxation ritual (NAP ritual) for several days till he is actually certain that he has reached a point where he is truly relaxed..that spot between sleep and restful awareness and then slowly add the workings of the rituals etc...

By now i think most of us have realized that simply the NAP ritual and then the incantations are not sufficient for miracle workings....you need to add the middle pillar too and hence my suggestion to a beginner would again be to progress to the middle pillar after he becomes comfortable with the NAP ritual and once he is truly in a comfort zone with both these rituals...he or she should attempt the manifestation part.

That works the best imho.And results in some cases are freakily fast while in others ....horrendously slow...maybe we should simply tell ourselves that that is how the universe wants us to have them. :whistle

Boggsley
Practicus

Post#30 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:43 pm

You're skipping some of the finer points. I almost always have success when it comes to NAP... but here's what I do.

Relaxation Ritual to point A... (Get so good at this you are in self-hypnosis AKA trance, barely able to think outside of images)
Quick prayer to Arzel (This is a rather recent addition but does help)
During downtime of approx 2 minutes, imagine my intent for the working
Open the Five Gates (Gutturally chant the names of each Gate, as in Qabbalah)
Circulation Ritual (Helps to get the energy flowing)
Middle Pillar Ritual (Helps to raise more energy)
Bornless One Ritual (Invokes outside aid and assistance for a power boost)
Invocation for specific intent x3 (Really imaging here you can see the spirit/s above you, cloaking you in their energy)
Masturbate, at climax imagine myself experiencing my desired outcome in depth
Sleep (clears your rational mind and helps you forget the specifics so your brainwaves don't mess it up)