Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Ramscha
Neophyte

Re: Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

Post#11 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:26 am

googly wrote:
Ramscha wrote:There are already some quite good videos on youtube about magick, occultism and the occult arts and the community is quite open minded. Why not trying it?

Ramscha

You mean for NAP God names there are YouTube videos?

I found at least 15 videos how to pronounce the names of YHVH on youtube.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRsbSLU9oFA

Also found demonstrations of how to use obsidian mirrors with enochian engravings or how to cast the enochian keys and say them in the "correct" way. Well, there is alot of youtube, bullshit and precious pearls. ;)

Ramscha

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#12 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:31 am

But your study of the texts covers these basics, no?

I see what you mean now. There are some decent Hebrew language websites that have imbedded sound files for pronunciation as well

Sent from my GT-I9505

Ramscha
Neophyte

Post#13 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:53 am

Slater wrote:But your study of the texts covers these basics, no?

I see what you mean now. There are some decent Hebrew language websites that have imbedded sound files for pronunciation as well

Sent from my GT-I9505

Oh I see my first answer was mistaken. :thinking
I never said I was working in the field of NAP but I interpreted the first question in that way that if it would be worth to make videos about this system on youtube. What I wanted to say is that in my opinion every system or practice is worth to be seen on youtube because maybe there is someone who search for exactly this kind of video. I am sorry if I tread on someones foot that was not my intention. :oops:

Ramscha

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#14 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:52 am

Don't apologise! I got confused about who I was replying to. My screw up not yours :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#15 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 am

Slater wrote:But your study of the texts covers these basics, no?

Sent from my GT-I9505

This may give you conventional pronunciations as they are voiced now, but not a historical context of how the sound of the name erupts from you when you shape breath and release it. That is what a God-name really is, a fragment of Ruach that you shape and release into the Yetzirah, which can open the Briah to appeal to the Yechidah, not just the Neshemah. But the Unified name of God, concealed in YHVH is far more than that - as you well know.

And personally, I would not encourage people to study magick on youtube. How to solder wires, sure, how to cook a perfect dish, yes - how to evoke - NO. A magician could use youtube to do magick - but youtube is not going to make you a magician.

The greatest requirement for Magick is divine providence. If you are shown by tradition or permission how to to do something, do it - if not, wing it from instinct and advice of spirits where applicable and - just up your research and development stages.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Ramscha
Neophyte

Post#16 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 am

The greatest requirement for Magick is divine providence. If you are shown by tradition or permission how to to do something, do it - if not, wing it from instinct and advice of spirits where applicable and - just up your research and development stages.

Hmm, I guess in that point I must disagree with you. The gift to do magick is given anyone of us and also the right to do so, no god gave his permission or gratitude to that. That is for me, where the border between magic, a philosophy, and religion lies. I know in this century hundreds of people argued about this point, I don´t want to start one but just to declare my postition.

And personally, I would not encourage people to study magick on youtube. How to solder wires, sure, how to cook a perfect dish, yes - how to evoke - NO. A magician could use youtube to do magick - but youtube is not going to make you a magician.

Sure, I never said youtube makes a magician out of you. Just looking at how to make a soup does not make you able to do it, you need the ingredients and your own tastef eeling. It does not make you a magician just watching videos or discussing in a forum with random people but it gives an impression of other perspectives or possibly feedback, if you are an active participant with posting threads or videos. But even if someone show you how the scheme of solving an equation works, you still have to solve it by yourself ;). It still is an useful addition.

Ramscha

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#17 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:14 am

The gift to do magick is given anyone of us and also the right to do so,

A person who says everyone can do magick is speaking for everyone. No magician worth his salt makes such generalities.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Ramscha
Neophyte

Post#18 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:43 am

raum215 wrote:

A person who says everyone can do magick is speaking for everyone. No magician worth his salt makes such generalities.

That would implicate that magic is something which has to be obtained. Does breathing has to be learned? Generally not and everyone is capable of it (genetic deffects and diseases not counted). Different breathing techniques of course have to be learned. Call me foolish to make this claim but I claim that with magick it is the same as with breathing. It can be done without really learning it (it is instinct and the basic, the oldest magic is also based on instinct). Controll and consciusness about it is for me the key for mastering but the instinct is in everyone. I don´t perform magic, I live it. That is all I have to say.

Ramscha

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#19 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 am

raum215 wrote:

Have you tried magic using generator using filters? If you want to have confidence, placing a confidence filter will give you that confidence. Same goes with Charisma filters. May be age old magic work the other way where the persons mind is the most powerful tool. It does not matter if you are smart or not smart.

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#20 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 am

Slater wrote:O
googly wrote:Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation of God's name?

I could make a video but I myself a beginner for NAP. Only God names is enough as for central power ritual there is golden dawn video on YouTube.

It will be a great service to the spirits if we could help newbies pronounce their divine names properly.

Any volunteers please?

To know, to will, to dare and to keep Silent.
I know you're just talking about a pronunciation guide, and I don't mean this as elitist crap...but magic is not for the masses.
The mysteries need be worked through, some effort, study, work, relationship with spirits... NOT to be handed to people who come across it in the same arena as a rock video. Even something as basic as the Hebrew godnames of the spheres.

Keeping in mind the new car, money, exam results style personal magic is a short lived phase and your purpose and responsibility grows as you grow. I would be horrified to see real content on You tube. Although to be fair, it wouldn't mean anything to anyone.

Although a book like nap is hardly a book of revelation...it is derived from strong consecrated traditions ...and you do not cast pearls before swine. Thankfully there isn't any real magical content on YouTube at the moment and the new age idiots provide great cover.

That's just my opinion. You could argue putting it up is hardly the same thing as making the occult aspect of magic null and void...it'd just blend in with the other weird shit. But that's not really cool either. Especially once you start throwing around the lines in exodus where the names come from.

I disagree with the idea of it being in the spirits best interests. Which spirit told you that? I have encountered the equal of anger at the human ideas of the universe being your personal bank or good luck charm. Magic is revealed in levels with inner spirit contact and work. Stages revealed as you can handle it...

We should avoid the mistake of thinking spirits are like people just with out bodies...they're not. They don't think, care, or perceive things as we do

And really, if someone can't do a bit of work learning the pronunciation of Hebrew letters and even the Jewish
God names ...do they want their hand held and shoe laces tied too? I don't know I might be completely off base.

*Wow...came out a little more snooty and painfully self righteous than I intended. I stand by it all but the attitude was not intended for anyone here. The assumed entitlement, instant gratification and egocentric value to magic is just something I've encountered a bit of late...it was more about that than a you tube video

It is alright, Slater. New agers when they realize that magic is for real, the balance of power will truly shift. Andrew Carnegie did a very good job of covering up along with Rockefellers. :lol: