The Sigil of Elubatel

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Madmartigen
Practicus

Re: The Sigil of Elubatel

Post#31 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:21 am

philodox wrote: These symbols are to focus our intent, so anything should work as long as it has meaning to you.

Beg to differ on that one... Especially when talking about spirit sigils in general.

Elubatel is a very special spirit, for sure, but I would not bet highly on a thought that anything can be used as his sigil as long as it has meaning for operator. To me this seems a little close to the notion that "spirits are parts of our consiousness".

Though I admit it's just a guess on my side. Haven't tested "anything" and, frankly, don't intend to :).

Best

M.

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#32 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 am

Noone wrote:Very much so. I am more so interested in what other people are coming up with.

Here is a scan of the one I use from my portable 'grimoire'. [Really just a collection of things I've jotted down at this point]

Madmartigen - I think we'll just have to agree to disagree in that case. Personally I don't see an intellectual or spiritual problem with spirits being separate as well as a part of us. Though that's not really what I was trying to get at... My point was that the symbol has more importance as a focus for us rather than as bait for the spirit. With enough mental discipline and familiarity with the spirit, who knows, maybe you can just whistle. :)
Attachments
Scan001.jpg
Scan001.jpg (12.74 KiB) Viewed 8474 times
Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.

Madmartigen
Practicus

Post#33 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 pm

philodox wrote: With enough mental discipline and familiarity with the spirit, who knows, maybe you can just whistle. :)

Well, that's for sure.

I was referring more to the general case, so I don't think we really disagree that much. I agree that if you are familiar with the spirit, something that resonates with the spirit within you can speed up the contact. No doubts here.

Still it is not the general case - if you are _not_ familiar with the spirit and have to use something as a sigil, "anything" may not be enough or you may end up with something entirely different at your feet. But this is pretty basic, I think.

Best :).

M.

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#34 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Sounds like we're on the same page. I see what you are getting at now and can appreciate how an ambiguous 'first contact' with a spirit might not be the best idea. ;)
Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.

Fio Praeter Humanus
Philosophus

Post#35 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Here is another sigil for elubatel:

And no before you ask, it is not from the rose cross...

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#36 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:14 pm

i remember this sigil was here as a hand drawn one , looked like this but abit different. think it was the first one done by vovin.
AXeezo

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#37 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Friends,

For some time, I have been meaning to share the one he gave me the first time I worked with him. I have numbered the way to draw it (simply left-to-right).

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#38 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Silenciumetaurum wrote:Friends,

For some time, I have been meaning to share the one he gave me the first time I worked with him. I have numbered the way to draw it (simply left-to-right).

S+A

Did you use the one Vovin posted for first contact and then the spirit gave you this?

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#39 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 am

Slater,

I didn't use any sigil for first contact. I evoked him without a sigil. I think my NAP work made this easy to do. Ever since I received this sigil, I have never needed to use another. Though, just as with incarnate humans, I'm not surprised that spirits have many appellations.

S
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

krull

Post#40 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:59 pm

How would one go about scrying to get a sigil from Elubatel? Or any other spirit for that matter? I dont know much about this.