The Sigil of Elubatel

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

DrStrange
Zelator

Re: The Sigil of Elubatel

Post#41 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 am

I am a little puzzled here :jkj

Why using a sigil in a NAP operation when this is not required by the NAP itself; moreover in what context will you use it as GG-C never mentions the sigil in the text.

:Thank You

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#42 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 am

This was part of my own exploratory work with the system. As I mentioned use it as is. Sure the system works just great as it is. But in all honesty the book was written for housewives and normal folk, not for magicians. I found by having a physical link to the spirit in question gave it a great boost. Using the Sigil is just incorporating a more traditional influence. Use it dont use it. :)
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

DrStrange
Zelator

Post#43 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:56 am

Vovin wrote:CUT CUT CUT I found by having a physical link to the spirit in question gave it a great boost. Using the Sigil is just incorporating a more traditional influence. Use it dont use it. :)

I see your point; thing is I have taken back my copy of NAP and want to apply its rituals as they are spelled out, and see why they work for some and do not for others; the author swears the system works for everyone (provided you read it front to back, including the yada yada on how Tom won the lottery or Lucy got her lover back; it's a blast from the past, I know, but hey, so it's the Goetia :lol: ).

I for one am not at ease COMMANDING a spirit to BID my requests (in the case of NAP). After all yóu're talking to a Prince/King etc and need (me thinks) to show respect.

What would the forum dwellers think about this ?

Cheers

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#44 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm

I am not sure about your last response, but NAP is not the same as the traditional Grimoire tradition dealing with the 72 Infernal.

V
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#45 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

krull

Post#46 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:56 am

krull wrote:How would one go about scrying to get a sigil from Elubatel? Or any other spirit for that matter? I dont know much about this.

I'm interested in this still.

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#47 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

krull

Post#48 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:37 pm

I was planning on looking into it in the time to come, I'm still brushing up on other things before I get into that. So thanks for the link, I'll take a look when the time is right :D

robstanley1
Practicus

Post#49 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 am

Just a line to thank all contributors on this thread.

I promised Elubatel an engraved Seal, which would be used in offerings, and the information here has been really helpful.

Work in progress:

image.jpg

Dæmonicus