Lucero

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
Pablo
Magister Templi

Lucero

Post#1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:40 pm

raum215 wrote:Lucero Mundo? "I am Light of the World"?

Is it disrespectful for me to ask if this is a Lucifer type being? Is there a lore behind this I might read?

This OP was generated because Raum215 raised this point. Palo is a folk religion so do not expect the kind of commentary upon commentary that is seen in the Abrahmic religions. Both Kimbisas have a connection with a certain church in Cuba so the linkage of lucifer with the church and Lucero is unlikey to say the least.

Luciferan gnosis is apparently anti Xtian. IMO the long-established connection between Lucifer and Satan in popular thinking has meant that the egregore or group mind of Lucifer is similar to that of Satan i.e. negative. I know there are luciferans and satanists that would argue that it liberates itself from the human condition but I still disagree. Demonaltry has no appear to me but as ever I suppose the right for others to do so. I someone thinks that Satan has had a bad reputation well that is their right.

However Lucero is identified by having similar attributes to Mercury. Yet it is known that Lucero is identified with the Planet Venus in the sky and not mercury which is difficlt to observe from earth with any regularity. I think that the fleetness of venus and it's close apparent association with the sun make it a better candidate for mercurial tendencies than the planet Mercury. As I have written relsewhere those with keen eyesight can see the phases of Venus which further shows the polymorphic tendenies of Lucero.

This is largely speculation however.

Pablo

PS I don't know if there is anything that has been written on the web or in books. About this aspect of Lucero. Most appear top be bad cook books of spells and ofrmulae.
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login