Crucible of Courage

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
nil
Neophyte

Crucible of Courage

Post#1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:39 pm

hello all.

doing a bit of reading and came across the oil/powder blend 'Crucible of Courage'. after doing some research on its uses , effectiveness, ect I went about trying to find a recipient and I did-- problem is that I've actually found several along with the unlisted already mixed version sold on places like Lucky Mojo.

Some mixes lean very spicy and musky &/sharp with things like clove and vetiver and one that I see copied around a lot is much more floral with vanilla and lilac. Unfortunately, I see it most frequently copied and therefore can't get a good gauge on its legitimacy. It's also not usually in a hoodoo/root working context which makes me want to seek further examples as well.

I'll likely go the former, route (or just mix something different up myself) but given the good rep this blend has I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a more consistent recipe. Fwiw most variations seem to be muskier and spicier when they aren't the vanilla&ect recipie. That also seems to fit the idea a little more for me.

if anyone has some interesting thoughts or experiences with this blend Id also love to hear them. If not, I've got no problems just hitting the correspondences but you know. If it works it works so why not try it. Either way I'm more interested in making it myself.

This also appears to be my first post of substance so hello-- I lurked a long while back when we were still EM and was unlucky enough to finally join only a month or two before it closed down . Really glad that this place opened up though, I've read so much thought provoking stuff on these forums.

anyway, thanks for your time.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login