Espiritismo and Mediumship

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
guad89
Zelator

Espiritismo and Mediumship

Post#1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Are there any espiritistas or Mediums out there?

I have a question about the whole process of possession and/or "incorporación". I'm a writing medium and I have a pretty good relationship with one of my spirit guides who's a deceased relative. Occasionally I let the spirits do more than just write, but when I do this I find that it's difficult for them to talk. It takes a lot of concentration on my part and I'm starting to believe I'm not cut out for anything more than just automatic writing.

A few years back I used to attend Spiritual masses/seances in the Santeria tradition and that's how I began to develop this ability a bit more. I've recently spoken to people involved in Umbanda and they describe their possessions as something different. They say that when a spirit takes possession there are times where their body isn't physically moved by the spirit, but the spirit tells them in their head "Move your arm" or "walk to the right"
In my case I feel my arm being moved by something when I'm doing automatic writing and the times I've been physically possessed I've felt my arms and legs being moved by an outside ( or inner) force. One thing we all agree on is that when the spirit takes over we never completely lose consciousness.

I'm just curious to see if there are any others out there who are mediums. If so, how do you communicate with your spirit guides? Do you let the spirits communicate through you? how do you feel when this happens? and are there any interesting experiences or stories you'd like to share?

I'll post mine shortly :D

hopefully this topic isn't too taboo. Hope to hear from all of you soon

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login