Minimum levels of initiation in the Cuban ATRs

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
Pablo
Magister Templi

Minimum levels of initiation in the Cuban ATRs

Post#1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 am

I simply wish to point out that not everyone needs to become a priest of Palo and or Ocha. This stuff is not a fashion statement. I will post my own costly experiences in another post but hey I can get over stuff because I believe in Luz y progresso.

The specifics!

Palo

You merely need to be sworn to the house to be a member . You do not need to be cut. You do not need a prenda. The first reading in Palo is quite an experience.

Ocha

You need to receive your Necklaces (Ilekes) from your proposed godparent who will do a little ceremony of presentation.

Ifa

If you want to go further you should get your warriors from from a house of Ifa. Elelguas have traditionally been made by Babalawos. This has been the way until a prominent priest had a messy divorce from her husband and decided to dispense with the ritual use of Babalawos entirely. Since then a specific lineage was developed.

The warriors ritual is often rolled up with the receipt of the Hand of Orula (Orunmila). Orunmila is the deity of divination. It is said that everyone should know hear what Orunmila has to say to them once in their lifetime.

In Short there is no automatic need to go all the way and join the priesthood.

Priesthood can be a tough path where all of or assumptions and preconceptions are examined. If you want to be famous it is better to get into reality TV. If you want Kudos it is cheaper to get a PhD and milk it.

The priesthood is not for everyone and as with all things it only becomes clear once you are in it. yaking and speculating outside of it is fine but such commentators have no credibility.

Rgds

Pablo
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login