Palo Mayombe Question

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
lizzy0411
Neophyte

Palo Mayombe Question

Post#1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Hello All!

First and formost hello. I found this board through quite a bit of internet searching. I have a few questions and was hoping that someone could help me out.

I have my guerreros and am an olocun initiate. I grew up in a santeria household as a child. During my ita for my guererros it came out that not only would I need to make saint one day, but that I would need to be scratched. I recently moved to Miami, and I know know one here, not just from the religion but no one in general.

For the past year, I have been dealing with a palero, because I couldn't (and to be honest was afraid) to find a santeria house down here. I know that I need to get scratched, and have had quite a bit of bad juju sent my way. But, like I said, I'm not exactly familiar with the religion as a whole and after reading on this board I can't help but think I may have been taken on a ride so far price wise.

For starters, I had a rompimiento done that cost me 500. It was done in front of a prenda that was built/lived underground (I apologize but I do not remember the diety, though I was told that it was the strongest of them all..) There were four plates involved and I personally witnessed a mini cyclone in a room where there was not ventilation on three of the four plates. It didn't happen all at the same time but each on the individual plate, then the plates shattered, before the cyclone etc jumped to the next plate. I was informed that this was the spirit that was sent to harm me, and I do believe that, but again was 500 a bit much?
I am asking because I was told rayamiento would be 2500, and that is not a sum I just want to shell out if its overpriced. I don't have family or friends in the religion at all here or back home so I have no one to ask for guidance nor do I have family anymore. Any and all help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

This topic has 41 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login