Enochian Without Being Christian? Practicality of the system?

Personal Encounters and Experiences with Enochian Entities.

Topic author
barshlomo
Practicus

Enochian Without Being Christian? Practicality of the system?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Hello, I hate to sound like a noob, but I've been practicing Solomonic and Kabbalistic magick for quite some years. I've been quite successful in this system, and I'm very curious about Enochian. I've read most of the original material (Dee journals), and several renditions of the Enochian work such as Aaron Leitch's, Donald Tyson, and some independent reworkings I can't recall off the top of my head.

In short, I asked someone, an author, about utilizing Enochian and what you get out of it. He told me it's very prominently Christian and primarily what one would get out of it is stuff relating to that. He finished by saying that for someone like me who does not practice Christianity it might not be so useful the system. I want input from others about this, specifically those who are not Christian and do not practice any form of Christianity, even Gnostic.

I'm also curious as to what the actual practice of the Enochian system accomplishes. For those who have practiced both Trithemius or Arbatel and the Enochian Heptarchy, do the planetary spirits actually do anything different? Does the manifestation of the work come across differently? I've done the RO interpretation of Trithemius and this general layout has been my method for most conjuration, and I've successfully conjured the planetary Archangels and Intelligences, Olympic spirits, and bound the Spirits, as described by Agrippa. I'm more concerned with this aspect of the work than skrying the Aethyrs, since the Aethyr experiences seem primarily to be about transcending our personal boundaries and gaining personal lessons from the spirits they teach us through our own psychology.

This topic has 49 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login