Equilibrium...

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
Suwa
Neophyte

Equilibrium...

Post#1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:48 pm

The characted development of bardon is a fine thing that helped me forward a good bit. I hadnt the best character when i started but its changeable when working with it.... :) But i found that it cant be all. Bardon practically only speaks about the character or the elemental balance of the soul.

Whats with material and mental balance?

For example mental... the lessons of step one. Watch your thoughts, focus on a thought and dont think at all. Thoughts after bardon are something you receive. You accept them.

So some years ago i overdid it with the silence of thoughts. I didnt train in the morning and evening, i trained everytime i had time. Practically every thought was unimportant in fact. It wasnt needed to think it. But at one point i stood in a conversation with others and no thought came to my mind that was matching the conversation. I couldnt take part anymore because i successfully blocked thoughts from coming. Too far obviously. Because thinking is a passive thing, they come to you. At least i think bardon described it that way and i belive its correct.

I believe most lessons of bardon at least demand a determining mind. You practically always determine what should happen.

After the last reading of the tutorial of bardon i understood the fluids, btw Water and Fire differently again. Before i mostly saw them as hot and cold. Now it seems to me the much more important attribute is that fire is expansive and water contracting. And i mostly live my life expansive. Determining. Willfully.

It was clear to me before that thats not how it can go and i tried to balance it with passivity. Dont understand it wrong, character development seems to me has not really something to do with it anymore. Even with a relatively balanced character there seems to be an unbalance of some kind.

Now it seems to me i have to accept more. Trust Life. And the contracting attribute of water is appeal too. I ask myself if its a elemental unbalance on another level. For example matter.

I always was a sensible child. Easy to impress, fast to be swept away and overwhelmed fast with the things flowing to me. I think that lead to me trying to determine how things are and less taking what comes. Because what comes isnt controllable. You have to compute it and it can be stronger than you. So that at the end some described me as if i had a wall around me.

Bardon wasnt a big help in that point. Because practically everything he teaches is a determination. One determines how things should be. But many things cant be determined. Most easy example are other humans. You cant enforce how other people are to you or how they react to you. You only can accept what comes. You can accept life but you cant force it. The most nice things you have to accept, you have to allow them. You have to accept yourself too, only then energies will flow and one is how one really is. If you dont accept a part of yourself you make yourself smaller than you are, get cramped and so on. And you have to accept dark parts of yourself, if you dont then you lose the power about this part of yourself and the chance is there that these parts fight you... only because as deep reason they want to be accepted...

So accepting is a very very important thing in reality. But the whole way of bardon is a determination. You set what should be.

I dont have a clue if its an elemental disbalance on another level than the astral level or not. But since accepting is so elemental and attachable to one of the main fluids... i think yes.

So what do you think? Lets say the character looks in the self-analysis as pretty balanced... is that a unbalance on another level? If so, how would you treat an elemental unbalance on other levels?

And lets say bardon, or magic at all, really is onesided... how bring this in harmony? Sometimes i ask myself if bardon and others manage to go through the "impossible"-wall because they already were balanced on those other levels from the start, they never had to bother with it and those things werent mentioned with bardon because of that. Bardon simply didnt describe so many things i had to learn. His lessons go step by step and then you go through the "impossible"-wall... though how many can say they were able to go through? I learned so much that bardon never mentioned or thought it was necessary to mention. But it was important for me. And it took long without explainations. Thats why bardons teachings often look to me like a highschool lesson though most pupils never were in the basic school.

Somewhere i once read that believe is an attribute of water. Accepting, attract of what you want. Maybe success in magic needs the believe and believe needs accepting. It seems to me if thats a requirement then bardon works on strengthening the believe step by step. Though it obviously isnt working so easily. Otherwise every pupil would, after going through carefully, heat up his room with the fire element seeable at a thermometer. Or better cool it down with the water element. That lowers the chance that the effort raises the body temperature and that raises the room temperature at the end.
Last edited by Suwa on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login