Step II question

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
Bersagliere81
Neophyte

Step II question

Post#1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:45 am

Hi there
I am a bit struggling with visualization and would like some advice from "veterans" who successfully achived this step

When visualizing during a meditation, I can barely see the form (I am trying to visualize a pen I use everyday). I actually can't see it in its full shape, but "one piece of it at one time".
Also, I noticed I tend "see" it in the right side of my view, and I find really difficoult to centre my view on it. I eventually end trying to pinpoint it but have disaster and funny results, like seeing the pen spinning furiously. Does this mean anything?

About visualizing with open eyes, I find something confusing. It could be because I am reading the italian version of IIH and there might be some slight translation issues.
It is written that one is supposed to see (the pen in this case) like it is real and like you can grab it. But it also says you should see it like floating in the air with no (or black) background. I can't remember exact words but more or less this is it.
Here comes my doubt. Does it mean you should really -somehow- allucinate and see it for real? Or should you see it "mentally" forgetting the real background you are actually looking at? There is also a note in the book saying it is actually impossible to pretend such technique from a novice, something like to project your mental image into your eyes

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login