An Oldie But A Goodie:An Interview with Israel Regardie

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

An Oldie But A Goodie:An Interview with Israel Regardie

Post#1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 pm

I usually stick with Newer books but it's kinda hard when I stumbled across this gem. A person whom I respect and probabaly the only person I have other thought of a teacher who's have helped me out with the Tarot and introduced me to the BOTA, for one reason or another ((I won't go into details)) is letting a lot of his book collection go. A few books of note popped into it and (well I am a librarian type who just happens to also like running around alot), among the list was The Book Of Tokens, Magick Without Tears ((Which I will also review when I am finished)), and This one.

A lot of the times when we read about occultists who are "newer" ((that is to say post-G.D.)) we don't really listen to them as people but instead as authors. We do miss out so much on the literal result of what we call the great work. Although the book doesn't touch really on topics about occtultism in the actual sense, it does so in the roundabout way and touches on several key points well about living life and several idea's that several of us would find funny in one way or another ((such as white-ligher new agey types and the whole concept of "black and white magick")).

I really, well I just found it refreshing and even thinking about it puts a dumbass grin on my face. It also contains some introductions by Regardie but in retrospeck It's the interview that make's this a Gem of a book that I highly reccomend you read.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login