Kali Kaula - A manual of Tantric Magick - first impressions

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Bumper
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Kali Kaula - A manual of Tantric Magick - first impressions

Post#1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 am

I had an initial read through of "Kali Kaula - A manual of Tantric Magick" by Jan Fries for the first time today. Not a light tomb, 567 pages. I haven't read cover to cover in detail, but read some sections in detail and skimmed and tagged other sections for detailed study.

I had previously read Jan’s Visual Magick, and found it to be decent but a bit generic. By contrast found this to be a great immersion into Hindu mysticism and magic. A highly detailed and deeply practical book, there is so much to explore here. Key areas of the practical aspects of the book include:

The application of mantras, including breathing, vibration, placement of them, along with hundreds of mantras throughout the book.
Interesting tips, such as that Shiva ‘locked’ some mantras, and the means to unlock them.
Mudras and how to activate, apply and empower them.
A deep dive on the Mahavidyas, including directional placements in ritual, yantra’s, their creation and empowerment, invocations, imagery and offering preferences
An example of a Kaula devotional working, with over 100 ritual elements in a day. Extreme, but makes for cracking reading and with sufficient detail to be adapted in whole or part to your own workings.
A dedicated section to Kali’s faces, their unique abilities, and ritual workings with her.

Suffice to say you could work for years just with this book to fully apply all the information in it. Highly recommended. I wish I had bought the hardcover. I am looking forward to testing the work further.

If anyone else has worked with the book, I would be interested in reading your experiences with it.
Your mileage may vary - and that's ok

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login