Annual reading list

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Astar_Mundi
Magister Templi

Annual reading list

Post#1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:39 am

Every year when I take a work holiday, I get out the finest whiskies and cigars from the liquor cabinet, and head into my library to immerse myself in the grimoires.

Whilst I do not read all of these books in one go, every year I try to read each of them again at least once, to see how much my understanding and fluency with the subject matter has improved. If it has improved at all, that is.

So, I thought I would share with the forum my annual reading list.
I humbly and highly encourage any of you to spend a weekend relaxing with some fine liquor, a comfortable armchair and a pile of books.

Whilst being an armchair occultist is frowned upon for good reasons, it is just as bad to be lacking in theory and not up-to-date on new magical literature.

Our patron is Raphael, or Thoth, and if you all remember, he was definitely a bookworm. Indeed, he invented books and writing.

I find it refreshing to open the window to let in a cool spring breeze, and also to have some mercurial incense burning as I study.

As we speak, I am sitting here with the window open letting in periodic refreshing zephyrs of air, a plump pillow on my comfortable chair, and a crisp glass of fine Scotch Whisky from the Scottish isles. It is a balmy, fine evening and I am relaxing and reading Three Books of Occult Philosophy by Agrippa.
Last edited by Astar_Mundi on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Wholesome Adept Extraordinaire

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login