Part 2: "Spiritual Benefit of Goetic Evocation"

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Strider
Zelator

Part 2: "Spiritual Benefit of Goetic Evocation"

Post#1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:56 am

I'd like to follow up with the thread I started back in February 2017 regarding the "Spiritual Benefit of Goetic Evocation": viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15680

I've been thinking about this issue since then and I think I've clarified my understanding as to why I'm interested in pursuing this work. In a nutshell, if we take a non-dualist perspective that, ultimately there is only the Self (or "Mind" or Shiva), then part of the path to attaining a full gnostic realization of this truth can theoretically be the Solomonic work of "redeeming" the unstable spirits ("demons") by forcing them--"for their own good," as it were--would cooperate in the building of the Holy Temple. I know that many here will take offense at this idea, and I understand your reasons. However, please keep in mind that I am approaching magic and all things Solomonic from a particular point-of-view, and that I don't claim this approach to be the only "valid" option in any absolute sense. My own perspective is that ultimately the entire universe and all the forces within it are manifestations of myself (or rather Self), and that I must therefore integrate everything properly. The world in its present state is, from my "fallen" perspective, a madhouse instead of a Garden, and part of the work of the Magus (as I see it) will necessarily be to realize Christ within himself and then set everything in order, leading to Gnosis and full liberation: "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all" (1 Cor 15:28). This is the mystery of Apocatastasis which fascinates me so.

Eugene R. Laughlin in the other thread said:
The general theme running throughout the evil spirit story line is the pursuit of worldly things, any and all of which are distractions from the rightful spiritual pursuits that lead to Salvation as the eternal right to dwell in the presence of God.

Under those assumptions, there can be only one reason to evoke the evil spirits: to gain mastery over the temptation of all worldly things in service of the highest aspiration of being acceptable to God. In other words, its an extensive program aimed at purifying the soul in preparation for eternal bliss.

So my question now is, what is the practical way to do this? Mind you, I have experience evoking angels, but I have never attempted anything non-angelic, except King Ghob (and hopefully soon the other elemental Kings). I know that there are a few practitioners on these forums who have something of a similar perspective, so I'm hoping they will share. I'm more interested in practical help than philosophical debates--not really the "how to" which seems easy enough, but the "what should I do with them once I have them in the triangle"? How to I make them work for the Lord? I don't want "things", so what tasks can I entrust them with? I'm not into cursing or torturing, and would only resort to such things if absolutely necessary. My interest is the cleansing and healing of the cosmos--microcosm and Macrocosm. However, I also don't want to put myself and loved ones in danger, so I'd appreciate advice on wise safeguards as well.

I was thinking that I would first, after an appeal to my HGA, approach Michael and seek his blessing in this work. Is that a good start, do you think?

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login