The Book of St. Cyprian -- Humberto Maggi

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Aquila Chrysaetos
Neophyte

The Book of St. Cyprian -- Humberto Maggi

Post#1 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:30 am

https://www.amazon.com/Book-St-Cyprian- ... merReviews

I found no chatter here on SA about exactly that book (there is some other St. Cyprian discussion), so I'm wondering if any of you have that and what you think of it if you've studied and worked from it. I'm unfamiliar with any of Maggi's work, this book is a more recent St. Cyprian work, and also I'm not finding much on the web about it.

Description:

"The Book of St Cyprian is a massive occult work complete with images from original texts, copious amounts of notes and reference citations and, best of all, information that has only been available in the original Portuguese texts. The author was granted unprecedented access to private collections and studied the original texts in great detail He has taken everything he could from them and compiled what we believe to be the single greatest reference on the subject of the magick of ST. Cyprian.

In the author's own words:

"This edition brings together the three texts from the fourth century that gave rise to the magical tradition associated with the name of St. Cyprian (Conversion, Confession and Martyrdom), the four most important Iberian grimoires of the nineteenth century (the Portuguese that gave birth to the Brazilian versions and the Spaniards containing the instructions of ceremonial magic) and several other magical texts associated with the Holy Sorcerer. The material was organized in sections that allow a comprehensive analysis of the contents (The Origin of the Book, Vita Cypriani, Magical Art, Talismans and Amulets, The Book of the Spirits, Cyprian Prayers, Exorcisms, Magical Treasures, Magical Secrets). The historical introduction has a broad and detailed description of the origins and development of the tradition from the fourth to the nineteenth century. The edition is enriched with a Preface by Nicholaj De Mattos Frisvold and the Presentation by Felix Castro Vicente."
"

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login