Love Work and Divination

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
IOftenPractice
Practicus

Love Work and Divination

Post#1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:53 pm

So I've done love work. Nothing too invasive, just magic that lets me and her open up to each other. This is not love, yet. But the potential is there. And getting to know this beautiful woman in both body and character, it'd be impossible for anyone to get close due to her trauma and defenses. It was just pure coincidence that we met and clicked. I'd like to work past all these issues and see what comes out of it.

So I am using the thoth tarot, and I am aware and have read the book of thoth, it's just that I tried the divinatory method detailed in the book only a few times. I am way more familiar with just the celtic cross. Let me tell you now that this spread is interesting in how the cards fit together.

Waite's Pictoral key to tarot
https://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/pkt0307.htm

Anyways, I am no stranger to love, but I think this time is different. I've been burned a few times in long term relationships, and I want to make sure things succeed here. Thus, Im asking for fellow member's opinions/insights.

So lets start. I asked for the universe to reveal the truth of the situation and the future, and scattered the cards. Then I decided to use waite's celtic cross with the prince of cups as my significator. I drew the cards that followed finding the significator to form the spread.

0.Significator: Prince of Cups because I think it matches my personality the most.
Spoiler: show

1. What covers me, the atmosphere of the situation: Art
Art represents... the ability to solve and combine, to turn something plain into something precious. The Art is the symbol for the right mixture, the perfect balance, standing for harmony, beauty and peace.
My goal is true love. Sounds about right.

2. What crosses me. The princess of swords
"The Princess of Swords can be an intimidating person who says what she thinks regardless of the consequences ! She has to watch that her actions are pure and for the highest good otherwise she can be damaging in her actions."
I took this to mean my love interest. Her baggage and own dark thoughts may be the obstacle.

3. What crowns me. The Sun
"(a) the Querent's aim or ideal in the matter; (b) the best that can be achieved under the circumstances, but that which has not yet been made actual."
I took this to mean as my aim is to achieve happiness.

4. What is beneath me. 8 of disks, prudence
"This is beneath him. It shews the foundation or basis of the matter, that which has already passed into actuality and which the Significator has made his own."
Well, our feelings are out in the open. I am taking this slowly, forming a connection and getting to know her more and more.

5. What is behind me. The princess of cups
"A romantic person, sweet, gentle and kind. Has depth but is often just lost in the romance as she has her eyes shut to her environment).
Can be a dreamer and not engaging in life.
Dependent upon others but gives a lot in return."
This is my ex down to a T. She's behind me now.

6. What is before me. Death
Well, it's death. I took this to mean that I'll make a major decision that will change everything in my life. It'll no longer be the same.

7. What I think about the situation. 7 of disks, Failure
I think this represents my fear of if things will go wrong in the situation. Sometimes it seems like nothing I do, can reach her, but usually at the last moment it does. And we get closer. But I don't know the future, and it scares me.

8. My environment which will have an effect on the matter. The Queen of wands.
"The EIGHTH CARD signifies his house, that is, his environment and the tendencies at work therein which have an effect on the matter--for instance, his position in life, the influence of immediate friends, and so forth."
I took it to mean that I've moved on from the past. And I have a drive to make this happen.

9. My hopes or fears. Lust.
"The NINTH CARD gives his hopes or fears in the matter."
I'm really passionate in this.

10. The result. 6 of cups, pleasure
"Pleasure experienced which is near and dear to ones heart, something that means a lot to that person after much hardship ( sea in background).
They have or are undergoing a period of healing (brass cups) and transformation (snakes).
The emphasis on this card is sexual so this is usually the basis of the divinatory meaning of this card, but it is not the uncontrolled energy that we see in the 7 of cups. Here it may represent a fulfilling relationship or the aspiration to have one that will improve both individuals . Sum of the whole is greater than the individual parts comes to mind."
I take it this means, success. But also because of my view on the matter, it's hard to see sometimes.

Thanks for reading.
Something funny I noticed was that the last card, 6 of cups, pleasure is ruled by my significator. A description reads: "This card brings the potential of balance and harmony to Prince of Cups. There is an intensity to the six of cups which resonates with the intensity of Scorpio which rules this card. It adds an emotional depth to a sexual relationship, giving it intensity. This characterises the relationships of Prince of Cups. It is his goal and this is what makes him happiest. It does not just represent sexual fulfilment, but getting the most out of life by living it to the full using the energy of the Sun in the intense sign of Scorpio."

And guess what, I drew the sun to crown me...
I'd appreciate any advice to the situation and any correction to the reading.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login